30.

An hour or so passed before Calista got out of the pool, she dried off before heading inside and changing.

She came back out wearing a cropped Tee and a pair of yoga pants as it was starting to get dark and a bit chilly.

She walked over to the food table and was making herself a small plate of food.

"Make sure you load up on that Mac and cheese, I heard the cook is super good" she heard from behind her.

"Oh damn I was just gonna skip that one" Calista laughed turning back to look at Sam.

"Oh wow, that's just harsh. If that's the case, then your cookies suck" Sam said with sarcasm.

"Damn, you really came for the throat with that one" Calista laughed making Sam smile.

The two made their plates and sat down beside each other at one of the small tables.

They ate for a few minutes in silence before Sam spoke.

"So, I've been meaning to call you and see how you've been doing, I just didn't know what to say" Sam said looking over at her.

"I feel the same way. I just wasn't sure if you wanted to talk, to be honest" she said stiring her food around her plate awkwardly.

"What? Why would I not wanna talk to you?" Sam said placing his food on the table.

"I don't know, I guess I feel like I'm the one to blame?" She shrugged finally looking up at him.

"Hey, come on. Let's go on a walk?" He smiled and stood up.

He grabbed her hand and the two walked out of the house and onto the streets.

They walked for a few minutes before Calista finally had the courage to say something.

"Look, I just -" Calista started to speak but Sam interrupted.

"It wasn't your fault. I need you to understand that. This was not your fault. Justin is a mentally disturbed individual who at some point was gonna snap. You needed to get out. Okay? Do not blame yourself for that absolute nut case finally snapping" Sam said as the two walked up to a park bench and sat down.

"But none of this would've happened if it wasn't for me? I came here, I brought this man into your life. I almost got you killed? I DID get someone killed?" Calista said. 

"No you didn't. Justin did. You are a victim. Not the villain, nobody believes this is your fault. Nobody. Okay?" Sam grabbed her face and wiped a tear that had slid down her face.

"Okay" she whispered.

"Perfect. Now that that's out of the way, go out with me?" Sam smiled.

"What?" She asked shocked.

"Go out with me, on a date" He smiled at her.

"Okay" she said smiling, Sam then pressed his lips to hers.

Calista felt what felt like sparks. This kiss was different. It was soft and delicate. It was almost as if Sam was waiting for this.

They had kissed before but this one made both of their hearts beat faster.

The kiss lasted for a while before the two decided to go back to the bbq.

The party was still going and nobody seemed to notice to two left.

They sat back down and finished their food before heading to the dessert table.

"You better eat one of those pies, since you made the crust yourself. I must say that I am quite impressed with your baking skills" she smiled at him placing a mini pie onto his plate.

"Oh you bet I'll have one, in fact-" Sam stopped and put another 2 pies onto his plate, two cookies and 4 mini cheesecakes.

"Good, I expect you to finish every single one of those" she laughed. 

The two sat back down at their table and chatted while giggling and laughing.

"What're you two laughing about over here?" Colby said walking over to the two.

"Just forcing Sam to eat my terrible baking skills" Calista laughed.

"Oh yeah, I practically threw up" Colby laughed while taking a cookie off Sam's plate.

"Wowwwwww, just steal from my plate. That's cool" Sam laughed "I'll be back" he said standing up and walking back over to the baking table.

"Sooooo" Colby said sitting down.

"Sooo?" Calista looked at him.

"How was your chat? Or was it a chat? You two disappeared for a while" Colby laughed.

"It was good. We really spoke about our feelings" Calista chuckled.

"Well that's good, it's nice to see you guys getting back on track" Colby smiled.

The two heard Mariah call him over, so he said his goodbye before getting up and walking over to her.

"What did I miss?" Sam came back over with a plate of more desserts and two drinks from his cooler.

"Nothing just Colby being Colby" she smiled back at him.

"Sounds about right, I brought you more snacks, and a white claw" Sam smiled.

"Well thank you kind sir" she said grabbing the can from his hand.

"So, have I told you the latest tea?" Sam said.

"No you have not" she said looking at him intrigued.

"So I heard that Caitlyn dumped Zach, And is now dating Brennen" Sam whispered, pointing at the two beside the pool.

"Whaaaaat? Really?" Calista said also staring at new couple.

"Yeah, I heard it was a biggggg thing" Sam said.

"Huh, that's crazy. Wanna know my tea?" Calista said.

"Uh of course" Sam said in a sassy tone.

"I think that Jessica and Jake, are in love" Calista said looking over at the other two sitting by the food table.

"You know I felt that vibe when I was over yesterday" Sam laughed.

The two spent the rest of the night gossiping and drinking together while having a great night.

_____________________________

ROOOOOOOOMANNNNNNNCE 🩷🩷

Also happy mother's days to all the moms!

Whether your babies are here on earth, in heaven, in your belly, adopted, a step baby, a fur baby or any other kind of baby . I hope you all have a greaaaaat day 🩷🩷🩷