24.

Meanwhile at Sam's Moms House

Sam was dropped off by Colby and Mariah, who both gave him a small smile encouraging him to go inside.

Sam walked up the steps to his childhood home. His mother and father still lived here, him and his siblings moved out years ago.

He didn't know whether to knock or just walk in.

He decided on knocking and then entering.

He knocked just before opening the door.

A small voice came from the kitchen "coming!"

The woman walked out of the kitchen wiping her flour covered hands on her apron before looking up to see Sam standing in the doorway.

"Hi Momma" he said feeling the tears forming in his eyes.

"KIRK!" She shouted before rushing over to the boy and wrapping her arms around him tightly, her sobs wracking her body as she cried with relief or happiness.

She was unsure as a million emotions hit her like a ton of bricks.

The sound of a tool box hitting the ground caused the two to look over to where Sam's father stood in shock.

He did the same as Cindy and grabbed his son holding onto him as if he was going to disappear at any second.

"Sam, what the hell?" he let out between sobs.

Sam was unsure what to say as his father was the strongest man he's ever met. In his 29 years of life, he never saw that man cry, for anything.

And yet here he was, crying in his arms, broken.

"I'm so sorry" Sam was able to let out before breaking down entirely as his parents held him close to them.

The family finally felt at peace. If only for a moment, the world felt right. It felt like the worst was over.

**

A few hours passed and Sam's mother told him to take a shower, and gave him some clean clothes, before making him a cup of coffee and a sandwich then urged him to sit down.

"So.. do you want to talk about it?" She asked sitting across from him at the table.

Sam just shrugged continuing to eat.

"Well are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm okay now Mom" he smiled grabbing her hand.

"Well thank god for that" she said wiping a tear from her face.

A few seconds later the doorbell rung, Cindy stood up to answer when Sam stopped her.

"I'll get it" he said getting up and walking over to the door.

Opening the door revealed Calista standing in the doorway holding a small tray of cookies.

"Sam? What're you going here?" She asked confused.

"Me? What're you doing here?" He looked at her confused.

"Oh! Sweetheart! Come on in" Cindy said as she walked over to the door hugging the girl.

"Hi Cindy, how're you?" She smiled.

"I am well, now that my boys home" she smiled.

"Your boy?" She questioned, she finally looked around and notice a couple of small family photos, Sam looking quite young in almost every one.

Sam just stared at the two with confusion.

"What, do you two know each other?"
Cindy asked, suddenly feeling a slight change in the vibe.

"Mom, she's the one who helped me come home. We've been friends since she moved here, how do you know her?" Sam said with almost a laugh.

"I sold her a bicycle and ever since we've become friends" she smiled at her.

"Yeah, she's the only other person besides you guys that I told about Justin, and my fake identity. She actually watched Hercules while I came and saw you" Calista explained. She remembered the conversation she had with the woman before meeting up with Sam.

She remembered telling her about Justin but left out the fact that Justin kidnapped and killed 'Sam' because the guilt and shame was too heavy for her to even say out loud. She believes that's why Cindy and Calista never put two and two together.

"I feel like I'm getting headache from this" Sam laughed.

His mother grabbed the tray of cookies before sitting down at the table with the two and urging them to explain the whole situation.

They started to explain and eventually finished an hour later, making sure to not leave anything out.

"Oh my poor sweet baby. I am so sorry you had to go through that" Cindy sobbed.

Sam hugged his mom again, tighter than before.

They spent the rest of the day, eating home cooked meals by Sam's mom. And his mom showing her pictures of Sam as a kid.

It was a great day. Everyone felt at peace.

That was until the events of the next morning. 

News would eventually spread that a murderer being held in the jail, managed to escape.

Shooting 3 cops in the process.

He was now a wanted criminal. His face was plastered on every newspaper and tv.

_____________________________

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!!

WANTED FOR MURDER! A DUMB DUDE!!