Christofern (-Cryptor)

Apparently this guy was garmadon, except now he was all... 'evil', the one I remembered had grey hair and looked old. Well he didn't recognize me, he barely acknowledged me. But he definitely acknowledged Lloyd.

He let us inside and began talking about goals or something, and that he was being taught by Vinny about 'how to be a good person.'

"I must give credit where credit is due. You've come a long way, brother." Wu said.

"Well, I admit there were times when I thought of giving up and just destroying everyone. But Vinny of NGTV News is teaching me to let go of my anger." garmadon nodded.

"How?" Wu asked.

"Well-..." garmadon stopped talking. He turned slowly to look at me and Mr. E. Nope. Just Mr. E.

"What is it, brother?" Wu asked. "You were speaking."

"I killed you." Garmadon whispered. "I remember."

"What did you say?" Lloyd asked.

"I-... I killed him." He said, pointing at Mr. E. "When I was emperor."

Beside me, Mr. E glared. Garmadon approached him, I saw Mr. E tense. Garmadon put a hand on his shoulder.

Also; woah. I'm standing face to face with the guy who killed Mr. E! I really am not in the mood to fight a lord today. I've done enough for right now.

Look at that, I'm cutting down on violence! The world is upside down!

"I am sorry." Garmadon said, shaking his head. "I am sorry for killing you, as I am sorry for all my atrocities."

Mr. E's eyes widened, but he relaxed. After a quiet moment, Mr. E nodded.

"You truly are a fine machine. If you hold any anger or resentment against me, I understand." Garmadon said, to which Mr. E responded again with a shake of the head. "Now where was I? Oh yes! Christofern!"

"Christofern..?" Lloyd asked.

The old lord guy started to go on about a plant or something he fathered, a fern. He was about to bring him out, but was interrupted by Lloyd.

"Okay, stop. Just stop!" Lloyd interrupted. "Master Wu, please tell me you're not falling for this again! Because I know my father. He's never going to change."

"I'm not so sure..." Wu commented.

"Well I am! And we didn't come here to hear about you and your pet fern! We came about the newspaper clippings!"

"Right. I had almost forgotten. How did you know, brother?" wu asked garmadon, to which he sighed.

"Hmm. That the overlord would return? How could I not? I may have trouble understanding empathy, but anger and hatred are simple." He said. "I felt them growing all around me. I kept waiting for you to do something, but you never did."

"Why didn't you just tell me?!" Wu asked.

"Because I wanted to be left alone! I knew you would come looking for me again to save your lives." garmadon yawned.

"Unbelievable! What are we doing here? We don't need his help!" Lloyd said, he turned to us for support. We both shrugged in response.

"I'm afraid we do, Lloyd. Our enemies outnumber us. The Overlord and Harumi have returned, and raised an-"

"Harumi?" Garmadon asked.

"Yeah, she's-" I spoke up.

"She was like a daughter to me. Smart. Ruthless. Brutal. And yet, I cannot help others until I have found myself. My true self." he interrupted. I scowled.

"Normally, I would agree..." Wu sighed. "But there is also a time when one must put aside one's own needs to help the greater good."

"I have taken a vow of nonviolence. A farewell to arms, you might say." Garmadon laughed, looking at his two arms.

"Wow, how many of these 'vows of nonviolence' are you going to take?!" I spoke up.

"I'm sorry?" He asked.

"Weren't you all 'sensei garmadon' and 'anti violence' just a few years ago?" I responded. Lloyd gave me a look. A sad look, like I'd triggered something in him.

What a weirdo.

"That was quite a while back, but that was mortal me. So now- actually it doesn't matter. All I can say is; I won't be helping you."

"Great! Well, thanks for nothing. Enjoy your pizza! Let's get out of here, guys." Lloyd scoffed.

We all filed out of the apartment. The only one slightly happy with the meeting was Mr. E. His steps seemed lighter.

'What has you so happy?' I signed with my hands.

'Just closure' he responded. I rolled my eyes.

"Weirdo." I laughed. He punched me lightly in the shoulder.

'Is that the only word in your vocabulary?' He signed. I hit his hands.

Suddenly we heard an explosion, through the open door we saw the wall facing outside ripped off, Garmadon held a dying plant.

"CHRISTOFERN!!!!" He cried.

He transformed into a monster and began massacring crystal soldiers. He looked like a bat with those wings.

"Lloyd, look! The Vengestone Warriors, they're not immune to his Oni form!"

Lloyd looked on, master Wu grabbed him by the shoulder as he continued.

"You are part Oni too. Don't you see? This could be the key to defeating them. You must embrace your Oni side..."

"What the heck is an Oni?" I asked.

"It's complicated." The two said in unison.