1

"Mom this is so unfair!" Nicole Benson yelled from the doorway.

"It's not my doing, Nic! I don't like this either, but it is what it is." Olivia replied, calmly, contrary to her daughter's outburst. This was one of many.

"But do we really have to move this far! I don't want to change schools!"

"I told you," Olivia replied, now growing irritated, "I didn't make the choice. I can't do anything about it!"

"Ugh, this sucks ass!" the teenager yelled, throwing her hands up as she turned to go to her room.

"Your brother and sister are home, don't talk like that!" her mother yelled, throwing her clothing down haphazardly.

The dark brown haired, blue eyed girl entered her room, all her wall decorations down. Boxes were stacked along the far wall. She wanted to cry, seeing her room like this. She had to move, not even into another house, but a nasty, old, little apartment. She had to share a room with her sister. Share. With a 3 year old. What the hell happened to her life?

Olivia followed her daughter and shut the bedroom door, hoping the little ones weren't woken up.

"I'm telling you one last time. Get that attitude in check. Now. I know you don't like this. I can't do anything about it. I'm doing the best I can!"

"Sure," was her daughter's only reply.

Olivia had had enough. "Phone," she demanded, her voice growing cold.

Her daughter only crossed her arms, shifting her weight to one foot and smirked. "These cop tactics don't work on me. Just...just so you know."

The detective stepped forward and reached into her daughter's back pocket. As soon as Olivia touched her daughter, the 15 year old screamed. Olivia's hand immediately drew back and the screaming stopped.

"What the hell happened to you?" Olivia asked, still in shock. "You...you used to be so happy and bubbly and-"

"Well, Mom, let's see. My father left us. My mom is never home. I'm now raising myself and two children under the age of ten. I'm being ripped away from my entire life and friends. I wonder, where did it all go wrong?" she asked sarcastically, stressing each of the final words.

Both heard the faint sound of crying. Rolling her eyes and huffing out a breath, the teenaged girl pushed past her mother to go check on her sister.

"Where are you going?"

"To take care of my sister."

Nicole sped down the hall to her sister's room. When she opened the door, she put on a fake concerned face and reached for her sister on her new big girl bed.

"Aw, what's wrong, Paigey?" the older girl asked, her mood instantly going from angry to concerned and guilty for probably having woke the baby up.

"You and Mommy fwight!" she exclaimed.

"We weren't fighting," Nicole said, letting her sister climb into her lap.

"Yeah you was!"

More guilt ran through the teenager. "Well, it's all over now. Mommy is stressed and Sissy is upset," she told Paige honestly.

"Why is you upswet?" the three year old asked in all seriousness.

"We have to switch homes. I like this home. I'm gonna miss it."

Paige nodded. And yawned.

"Let's get you back to bed, okay?" Nicole asked, knowing she's spent more than enough time calming her sister down.