12.1: SAY CHEESE!

(9:10 AM,

20-09-2012,

Bengaluru, India)

"You don't have to sit beside me"

"I wasn't intending to- anyways, duh!" Reeth replied in sass

"You know that AD is showing interest in me, right?" Sansy flipped her hair

"AD who?"

"Aditya! The guitar guy on our orientation stage!"

"Should I care?" Reeth replied nonchalantly

"Can't believe that all the handsome boys always try to grab my attention," said the girl

"I'm sick" Reeth rolled his eyes

Sansy is a very pretty girl. Tell all the worldly standards of beauty, she fits right in like her own bathtub. Luscious straight black hair with mid parted curtain bangs, dimples that sit down in her blushed cheeks, pinkest soft lips that look like an arched bow, almond eyes in unique jade green. A fit body with an hourglass shape and she is tall as well. Anyone would fall in love with her right at the first sight. She surely is every guy's crush and a topic on which the girls bitch about with jealousy.

The confident ones never left a chance to flirt with her and the introverted ones admired her from afar by sending letters and roses in secrecy.

Her parents are loaded. After Sansy's birth, their fortune boomed and brought in endless passage of money. She is considered her parents' lucky charm, and they love her unconditionally. She was born a princess and raised like one with roses laid under her feet and the clouds as her bed.

Blessed with everything that a man wishes for, Sansy is a happy and a proud girl. She knows that she has nothing to be pricked by the thorns of life.

It will be an exaggeration if it is said that Reeth never had a crush on Sansy; given the fact that he practically grew up with her since childhood as their parents have been best friends since their childhood and been the unmovable neighbors sharing a fence wall in between all throughout their life.

However, it stayed a crush for him, and he never thought much about it; especially when they grew closer to become best friends.

It was their trip day. Their college took the students on a trip at the beginning of every year for team building of the class and bond with their new class teacher and friends. It was that time of the year, and the college buses were standing ready at the college gates waiting to move

As Reeth and Sansy boarded the bus for their class, Sansy went and sat at the back where basically all the cool kids gather to have fun. And a few sat in the front, basically the first benchers. However, there is one seat that no one likes to sit on- the seats right on the tyres of the bus; where sat this meek girl in her own world with headphones on and caring not much of the chaos that surrounded.

Reeth's curiosity for weird things explains when his attention was all on Sanskriti. He strode through his excited classmates and sat beside her

"Hi!" he said and there was no response

"We meet again?" he tried again along with some hand gestures to grab her attention

"Sanskriti, right?" he put out possibly all the words a man could to start a conversation

"Fuck off!" she replied after she was vexed enough, and he sat there silently after her much-anticipated reply

He grabbed a packet of popcorn and munched on it while reading a book. Guess, it was just spontaneously out of formality, he offered some to Sanskriti

Sanskriti is a sucker for cheese popcorn. Could she resist? Well, she did hesitate, but her watering mouth gained control. Her hands dove right into the pack and grabbed some. That popcorn was tasty as expected. Her pleased eyes expressed her inner happiness.

Reeth saw Sanskriti's changing expression and was proud of his own move to offer the popcorn as he found a passage towards cracking Sanskriti.

He offered it again and Sanskriti's eyes lit up. Where were these eyes all these days? Her cold, icy barrier was melting, and it was delightful to watch. She looked cute like a hamster having each kernel of popcorn; she was trying to devour it the most by saving each kernel in her hand and eating them slowly

"You can have it" Reeth said and handed over the pack. Sanskriti did not hesitate either. As soon as he said that, she grabbed it from him

"Are you dumb?" she spoke out of nowhere munching on the popcorn

"Huh?"

"What was 'we meet again', when we are literally in the same class forced to look at each other's face every day?"

"So, you were listening?"

"I'm not deaf, baby girl!" she panned her gaze to him

Their journey continued with Reeth plaguing Sanskriti's peace and Sanskriti listening to his blabber through her earphones. Reeth had a doubt whether she was paying attention or not, but he accidentally saw that the music was on pause. He understood that she hates to admit it but enjoyed some company.

They reached the camping site, and everyone rushed to have fun. Sanskriti slowly got down following Reeth and searched for a peaceful place to build her tent and rest.

"Riri, build my tent" Sansy pulled Reeth who was about to follow Sanskriti

"Why would I? Ask your so-called 'admirers'!"

"Aren't you one among them? Please build Riri, you make the best tents"

"Was that a compliment to lure me?"

"It was."

"You caught me there. Where should I build?"

Sanskriti started building her nest for the day in absolute isolation. The loneliness never scared her, but the tent did. Building the tent was beyond her conception. She had never done it before; she had no guide to follow and no network to watch it up.

Reeth finished building one for Sansy and searched for Sanskriti

Should this be tied to this string or that one? No, not this. Huh? It isn't this one either. How to build this fu*kin tent?

She was screaming internally, losing her patience

"May I?" She was interrupted 

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ 

Ahaan! Cheese popcorn it is to crack Sanskriti! What a harmless trick! The heaven's really on Reeth's side to help him in unexpected ways.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ 

It is 12.1.... which means Part-2 of Chapter 12 will be published on Sunday! Let's meet by the same time tomorrow!