7: WE SHOULDN'T HAVE MET

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

(6:00 PM,

03-08-2020,

NETU, Ladakh, India)

"She is underweight. Her hemoglobin levels aren't good either. Looks like she is very stressed about something and going through some psychological issues which might be the reason for everything. Her wound is dressed up. Though her wound got septic, nothing worse happened out of it. I suggest you to take her to a psychologist and get her treated as soon as possible before she takes any extreme steps. At this rate, we might lose her, Reeth."

"Thank you, Miss Priyam. I'll take care of the things you mentioned" Reeth replied, who was panicking right from the time Sanskriti fainted

"You can take her back to the dorms after she wakes up. Again, her wound's dressing must be changed, and the medicines must be taken on time for sure. Take care of her eating and sleeping habits as well."

"Okay, Miss Priyam. Thank you!" Miss Priyam left the infirmary. Reeth couldn't blink his eye. His heart was hurting. He felt heavy with guilt.

A while later, Sanskriti slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes met Reeth's which were waiting desperately to see her

"Reeth just fu*k off ya! I can't Reeth-"

Sanskriti's eyes were slowly dampening. She placed her hands on her forehead and looked down depressed

"Why is it always me, Reeth? Why was it you that I met? I should've stayed lonely, like I always did. At least, I was desperate to live"

Sanskriti chuckled in despair. Not a moment too soon, she paused dramatically and looked right into his eyes, "Reeth, why did you do this to me?"

Reeth was taken aback by the sudden confrontation. His answer was hidden on the tip of his tongue. But he couldn't let her know.

"Speak up, Reeth. Fu*kin SPEAK UP!" She caught his collar and came closer to him.

There was red in her eyes. They were ablaze, fuming. Her teeth were shaking and so were her hands. It looked like she had been waiting for that answer for years but also wasn't completely ready to listen to the reason. She was afraid that he would say something that might make her hate him more.

"It is my mistake that I let you see me weak; my mistake that I mistook you as something mine forever; my mistake that I lov- " "My mistake that I trusted you, idiot"

Sanskriti pushed him away and started running out. Her feet went numb and she trembled. But she wanted to go far away from him. Reeth followed her at the same pace, keeping his distance. As she kept pushing herself to walk more, she fell to the ground. Reeth immediately ran towards her and caught her.

He hugged her tightly; with the same desperation that he had when he found out about her suffering. It broke him off from the inside that the reason for her tears is still him, but this time, for her misery. Did she not have it enough that he gave her more pain?

He hated himself. He shouldn't have seen her the first time he did and fancied getting to know her more. He shouldn't have started a conversation between them. He shouldn't have gotten intrigued by her. He shouldn't have pestered her around. He shouldn't have asked her to be his friend. He shouldn't have met her at all. 

✩₊˚

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Regrets cannot make-up for the pain that is felt, can they?

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Sorry for the short one this week, stars. Nonetheless, I shall inform you that we're just going to peep a bit deeper every week. Wishing that you make choices that never leave a regret in your life. Happy Weekend!