3: HOLA, HOMIE!

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

(5:30 PM,

02-08-2020,

NETU, Ladakh, India)

After avoiding people whom she knew before every time she crossed paths with, one day during the break time in the grounds....

Boof-boof-boof-boof-boof, breathe.

Eye contact.

3-2-1

Catch hands

KICK!

Sanskriti kicked the other guy so strongly that he was about to hurt his head hitting to the ground

Oh no!

She dove in his direction in less than a second to save his head and fell over sharp shavings of rock which bruised all over her left hand and mud particles sticking to her freshly bleeding arm.

Fu*k!

Sanskriti side-eyed the guy who fell to the ground with an aching stomach. She was angry that she was scraped for protecting someone else. She thinks that getting hurt for someone not your own self is the worst thing you can do to yourself. She got up furiously and sat up dusting off the mud from her now blood-dripping wound.

"What do you mean why? Do you not see how fierce she is? I just wanted to hit on her, like casual flirting. Who would've known that she would take it so gravely? I am sightless to think she is nice though she looks so frosty" the guy who fell to the ground complained to his friend who was helping him to sit back.

Sanskriti rolled her eyes heaving a sigh and immediately stood up and took a few steps. Just in time, she bumped into a chest. Cussing like the usual, she looked up with an irritated face.

"Are you blind as a bat, you d**k hea-"

Her now angry eyes turned cold. A volcano could freeze. A burning fire could get a frostbite. She was as cold as an iceberg. In her few seconds of gaze, reminisced millions of moments in distorted fragments that still pierce through the heart but never killed. A betrayal, an agony, a suffering; the feeling of being thrown away like trash, no longer needed, wanted and loved.

Reeth....

She caught back to reality in no time with a continued twinge in her heart and looked away parting from his stare and trod, this time with longer steps than before wanting to go away from there but also look like she was unbothered by his gaze, his memories, him- Reeth.

Reeth caught her wrist firmly in no time and pulled her back to align his sight with her face.

Her arm was stinging. There was a shooting pain from her uncured wound, so was her heart; uncured.

She didn't even want to take an effort to say that she was in pain or ask why he was catching her hand. Eyes sharp and icy, her expression never switched.

He looked down to her hand that he caught. Warm blood leaked endlessly, dripped from her arm to his. He bit his cheek and sighed in despair. She became the person he first met- cold and indifferent. He released his hold, pulled her other hand and walked. Sanskriti didn't flinch either; she followed his flow. Their bodies synchronised with every footstep. All other harmonies fading out; the sound of their clinking shoes loud and clear, multiplied with echoing harmony, they paced. She didn't break her glare from the back of his head; the familiarity of the scene slowly breaking her from the inside, but she doesn't want to look the way she feels- miserable.

Slowly, their steps came to a halt. Sanskriti looked up to see the board - 'Infirmary'.

She looked at him for another time and broke her hand off from his hold and started walking back.

He grabbed the back collar of her tee and dragged her into the room.

"Good evening, nurse! I have a patient for you!" he said brightly.

"Patient, my foot!" she huffed with exasperation.

He grabbed her and pinned her to the bed to sit, with his arm-strength on her shoulders overpowering her urge to get up and leave.

"Oh, hey Reeth! Looks like you forgot me. Didn't you promise me to bring that perfume we talked about the other day?" the nurse smiled

"Soon, Miss Priyam!" he winked

"Okay, so... friend?" Miss Priyam asked, pointing at Sanskriti.

"Well, classmate." He replied.

Classmate, woah!

She sniffed in annoyance at how he described the relationship with her.

"What's the problem?" As Miss Priyam asked, Reeth took his hands off Sanskriti's shoulder and twisted her left hand to show the injury that was flowing with blood

Sanskriti silently groaned in pain and started staring at him violently.

"Okay, I'll get done with this real quick" Miss Priyam took cotton and gently cleaned the wound. She carefully applied the antiseptic and wrapped it up with a bandage.

"We'll change the bandage tomorrow. Make sure to not get the wound wet."

Sanskriti got up and stormed out as soon as she was wrapped

"Woah, woah... so fierce" Miss Priyam immediately grabbed some tablets out of the boxes and handed them over to Reeth "Take this medicine and give them to her. She got injured really bad"

"Thanks, Miss Priyam! I'll come back later" Reeth took the medicine and ran behind Sanskriti

He soon caught up and pulled her palm to give her the medicine.

He looked into her eyes with adoration, that is also filled with worry

"Stop it, Kritz!"

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

The ones which hurt the most are the wounds that never show

I hope all such wounds of ya'all heal.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Hello, stars! How are we doing this week? I hope you are staying healthy from inside and out. Do take care of yourselves until we meet for the next week.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

The chapters alternate between the past and the present. Follow the dates to avoid any confusion. Happy Reading!