Chapter 26. A Night to Remember

Editing this chapter (or novel) was very difficult, so if there are any dumb mistakes, please let me know.

Enjoy :)

-----------------

"Your Highness. Your Highness, it's time to wake up."

Lloyd let out a tired groan as he was forced to wake up at the crack of dawn. He opened his sleepy eyes to meet those of Court Lady Moon. She was standing by his bedside, having apparently felt like making her prince's early wake-up call at least bearable by bringing him a small cup of tea.

"Is there anything you need right now?" Moon asked kindly.

Lloyd shook his head energylessly. "No. Thanks."

Court Lady Moon bowed and quietly exited the room. It was only then that Lloyd thought of checking up on Kai and rolled over. He didn't find his boyfriend on the side of the bed with fewer pillows, but by the door to the bathroom instead. Kai was currently balancing himself on one foot while pulling his redder than red sock on the other.

"Morning," Lloyd mumbled, reaching for his tea and taking a rather long sip.

"Night..." Kai replied groggily. "It can't possibly be morning yet."

Lloyd's eyes shifted onto the window that was mostly hidden behind thick curtains. There was still a tiny crack between the curtains through which the prince could see the sun was nowhere near rising, probably hiding under its own blanket like Lloyd wished he could do. That kind of killed the argument he had intended to make.

"Did you sleep well?" Kai asked, now moving on to getting dressed in his red gi.

"Who said I slept at all?" Lloyd mumbled. He figured he'd fallen asleep at some point, but most of the hours reserved for slumber had been stolen by anxiety and anticipation. He'd kept rolling from side to side, closing and opening his eyes, and thinking the mission over multiple times. Then he had tried to tempt himself to grow sleepy by thinking about nice stuff and assaulting his pillows to make them feel more comfortable. It must've been in the early hours of the night that he had finally fallen into a very light form of sleep, and then immediately awoken to Court Lady Moon's gentle whispers.

"I didn't sleep well either," Kai confessed. "My brain decided that since it was dark and quiet, it was the best moment to start worrying."

Lloyd sighed deeply and fell back into a lying position. The bed was so warm, the outside world was so cold. The bed was so soft, the outside world was so cruel. Lloyd did not want to leave.

"Lloyd, we don't have much time. Wu wanted us to leave as soon as possible."

"No..."

Lloyd heard footsteps approaching the bed. It didn't take long until he felt two arms wrap around him and forcibly pull him up.

"Kai..."

"Come on, Beojkkoch. Moon even ironed your gi... which she did not do for anyone else, except Wu," Kai said, sounding slightly bitter at the end of the sentence.

Lloyd smirked tiredly. "Perks of being royal."

"Yes."

Lloyd involuntarily got onto his feet and, after a forehead kiss from Kai, went to get dressed. After putting on his nicely ironed gi, he checked his bag to make sure he hadn't sleepwalked and taken anything essential out. Though, he stopped the second he realized how paranoid he was being.

Lloyd proceeded to go over to Kai, who was already waiting for him by the doors. He was about to walk out when Kai's voice interrupted him.

"Er, forgetting something?"