Chapter 21

I go to school the next day and avoid the hoard. But just as luck would have it, Bryan and his gang go to my school. He offers his hand to me when he sees me in a handshake and despite my avoidance of touch I do it.

He couldn't be worse than Oliver and the hoard right?

I walk through the halls and ignore everyone. I make it to Language Arts and wish I were dead because they're still reading the terrible book. That, and Jasper is in this class.

I never really got to know any of them because they were so annoying. I just hope he doesn't try to hug me because it's obvious we aren't friends anymore.

When he tries to pull me into a side hug I wonder how he's passing classes in high school and punch him in the gut.

He lets go and I retreat to my desk. The demon book sits on my desk but I don't touch it. When the class starts reading it - aloud mind you - I ignore it and if I hear any of it there's a high chance I just suppressed it.

Eventually class ends and I leave. Jasper had been trying to talk to me and I was pissed at his whole group. Couldn't they get the sign and leave me alone?

Because of this, at lunch I retreat to a small clearing on the ground between the track field and the school.

When I look up I see Bryan coming to me and I was so, so extremely sick of people. I have been in solitude for years and all the sudden there was like twenty people. The hoard, Demons and alphabet plus his gang.

I could handle them all individually, maybe even paired up but back to back to back was infuriating and draining.

"Wanna go skating, maybe ditch the rest of classes with me and my group?" He asks me

Even though I genuinely was done with people, that sounded like a godsend. Except God didn't care about me so it was exquisite.

I follow him out of school and we head to the skatepark. I took off my backpack and was so glad I was finally carrying my skateboard when I should be.

Everyone skates to the skatepark and I don't care if I don't know a single one, I was out of school and I'd thank them for that.

We were the only kids at the skatepark, but that quickly becomes false as groups of people flock in. Most were boys but there were more girls than I'd seen in a while.

I ignore the group I came with and skate around. Not really anything fancy, but not the beginner moves either. It had been a long while since I skated for the purpose of skating.

Eventually, one of the groups say they're gonna leave and I was free to join them. I wouldn't in theory, but here I am being a moron following them as we head down town to somewhere I don't know.

Idiotic move if I do say so myself.

We all enter a bar and there's underage people mixed into the older people. Someone I would assume to be a bartender comes up to us.

"Dragged in another kid to your group did you? Looks both older and younger than your usual recruit, say, how old are you kid?"

Oh how I wish I could kill him. While I commit homicide in my head, no one says anything as they wait for me to answer.

"Not a talker are you?" The bartender mutters before taking everyone's orders.

Why was it always that question? I didn't talk, so what? Was I annoyed and ashamed at the fact that I couldn't talk while a toddler could? Yes, would anyone know? No.

I shake my head when the bartender asks me what I want.

While I was fine with them indulging in the act, I wouldn't because I had seen and witnessed firsthand what alcohol causes.