Chapter 15

"He's not in there. He left and never came back" someone says.

There's a knock on the door and I hear Aslan tell whoever it was that I came back yesterday. I sigh and close my sketchbook before going and opening the door.

Sometimes I wanted to kill everyone in this world. Maybe that's why I got along with the Mafia so well. Someone knocks on the door again and I vaguely wonder why people were trying to interact with me before going to the door.

I double check my hair is covered and then I unlock my door. Aslan was there with C1. I internally groan when I see C1.

"He lives" the boy screeches.

I stare at him and close the door. I hear someone get slapped and know Aslan slapped C1. At least he got what he deserved.

"Cade come on. Everyone's waiting for you" he practically shouts through the door.

At this point I want to stay in my room just to prove the point that they didn't control me, but then I know I'll be beaten. I mean, 3 extra families. One of them was bound to hurt me for disobeying.

Why did Eyes go back home and leave me with the Demons?

I walk down the stairs to chaos. As if the Vinci's aren't chaotic enough by themselves the alphabet is tackling each other. Maybe they're trying to spell words.

The boys were tackling each other while the girls were on their phones on the couch. B1 looks at me and I shudder. Why did she look up from her phone?

The adults call for their children and my skin crawls. Was this a family reunion; they sucked.

I reluctantly enter the giant dining room. At least now I know why there were so many chairs now. Like, when I first got here it was extremely confusing. No one has that many friends.

Everyone talks and then it's like they planned it because they all start to talk to me. Freaky, am I right?

"So, how long have you been with friends with Iver?" BZ asks.

Why was Eyes not here, or Ears? I wonder if I could call them and have them come over because I doubt the woman and anyone else here knows sign language, not that I  would sign to them.

I wonder if any of them are going to beat me for not talking. They continue to pelt me with questions but I notice Alec stays quiet. Maybe it's because he was the only one who I paid attention to, but he doesn't ask questions.

Eventually they get the message that I'm not going to talk to them. They start to stand up and put the extra food away. I throw the little food that I didn't eat in the trash and put the dish in the dishwasher.

I look around the corner to make sure the coast is clear of anyone and when no one is in sight, I sprint up the stairs as quietly as I can. Who wanted another interaction with people?

Once I make it to my room I lock the door and pull off the beanie, rubbing my hair because it feels stiff from being restrained for so long.

I needed to get paint to go spray painting but I couldn't risk going out right now since everyone was here so I pulled out one of the sketchbooks.

I wonder if they saw the sketchbooks when they had me go on that shopping spree. I doubt it. They were probably too busy on their phones to pay attention to me like everyone else.

I sit on my bed and sketch hoping to be left alone for the rest of the day, but then again, my luck's screwed and my best friends have like the highest positions in the Mafia, so what am I expecting?

I stare at the window where a rock hit a second ago. It wasn't really a rock, more like a pebble but still. I roll my eyes to the air and walk to the window half expecting to be kidnapped, shot or stabbed and half expecting it to be someone I know.

I look out the window and am not surprised to see Ears snickering with Eyes as he throws another pebble at the window. If the window were open it would hit my face. I shake my head to myself and wonder if this is what my life has come to.

I unlock my window and leave them to struggle to get into the room. I walk back to the bed and continue to sketch whatever it is I'm sketching and wait for the giant thud that announces they got into the room.

The bed dips and I look up shocked that they got in without making a ruckus.  They are covered in scraped but have smiles so I assume they were chasing each other.

"Whatcha drawing Silence?" Ears asks

I look at him and turn the sketchbook at him. They nod and I turn it back to me and continue drawing lines occasionally shading in an area.

"You know, we shouldn't be here. It's like a Mafia reunion except we weren't invited" Eyes says

Ears scoffs "Like that's ever stopped you before"

"I'll have you know that I do respect boundaries"

"We literally just came into the house through a window"

"That says nothing" Eyes says as if he owns the world.

I shake my head biting my lip to keep from smiling as they continue to bicker. It only stops when there a knock at the door. They freeze and I smack their heads.Shoving on a beanie to cover my hair I open the door to see Nile, B1, and A2.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to watch a movie with everyone"

I start to close the door but they see Eyes and Ears. I didn't want them in my room. They were all jerks and people. Just one of those were enough. B1 was a demon child, A2, was like my old foster siblings and Nile was an enigma I couldn't figure out. They push past me and start yelling at Eyes and Ears so I vaguely wonder why they didn't hide when I opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" B1 roars to Eyes

A2 picks up my sketchbook and my gut churns. He's pale and he looks like he's gonna puke. I couldn't take it from him without him knowing it was mine. Nile looks at the book confused.

"What is this?" Nile asks in a shaky voice.

Eyes lunges at him and grabs the book. I back away from A2. This was the foster home all over again. Why did everything always have to go to shit?