Chapter 7

I think I run too much. Especially since I don't do it for fun. With this in mind, I was running through the forest trying to run from the people who found my sanctuary.

Someone had found it so now I have nowhere to go. No where I could sleep or relax. I climb up the tree hoping they don't see with their lights.

Where could I be safe? I hug my knees almost crying. Why couldn't I just have one place where I could smile without the danger of being beaten?

I hear the leaves move around me but I can't tell if it's Ears or the wind. Ears had assassin training, so he had the advantage.

I feel him wrap his arms around me. I don't flinch because I know it's him. He was one of the two people I let touch me. I mean, sometimes I still freaked, but most of the time I let them touch me.

I watch the people below me and want to cry. They found the only place I was safe. Why would nothing let me be safe? A tear slips out, and I wipe it away before Ears can see it. I was 15 for Christs' sake. It was only a building. I shouldn't be crying over a stupid building.

They keep looking around, calling for someone. I think they're calling for me since they saw me run but I'm not positive. They better not find my paint and waste it.

()

Ears takes me back to his mansion. He calls Eyes and tells him the devastating news that someone found the fort. We were planning on going there tomorrow. I guess we shouldn't. It wasn't safe since none of us were supposed to do what we did there.

Ears would get in trouble for carving with his parents, Eyes would get in trouble for taking pictures since it wasn't 'intimidating enough' or some crap like that. I wonder what the Demons would do if they found out I liked to draw and paint.

Probably throw it all away and break my hands. That's what the foster monsters would have done. That and beat me and do it, and ruin make sure I didn't do anything like it again.

I lay on Ears' couch. I was in his room. It was similar to the room I had, except I actually liked it. It was big, and looked like someone actually lived in it rather than my room where it had literal dust on the bed.

Actually, probably not anymore since I slept there the other night. I was such an idiot. They would know. They always knew.

I lay on the couch and wait for Ears to come back. He was hungry so he went to the kitchen to get something. I wonder why I was never hungry. That was some thinking that was meant for school, and I would avoid that as long as possible.

I think Christmas break ended yesterday.

I didn't want to go back.

The door opens making me look at it. It was Ears' siblings. I didn't want to deal with them. I was already uncomfortable in their house because they were so friendly.

"Hey Silence, Ears had to go do something at work but he said that you could open X-24." Alezi says.

Alezi and Miguel were the twins. I almost smile at it. X-24 was a location. I nod at them and they leave again.

I walk to the window and climb out. I walk to into the building that he told me to and the person in the front office just gives me a key. I guess I came often enough that I scared them.

I go to the elevator and put in the key. The elevator only worked with a key. I go up to the 24th floor and look for Ears.

I don't have to look to far because he's sitting on a couch.

Who do you need dead?

He laughs and I stare at him. If I came to X it was usually to kill someone. "Nah, the Vinci's were looking for you and I don't know if they'd go to the house."