Chapter 29

Mark rushes outside to his father's office, barging in without a warning. He was running with sheer anger.

Director Lee was with Taeil and seems like they are on a meeting.

"Mark, do you mind?" Taeil raised a brow.

"No, I need to talk to my father!" He raised his voice, glaring at them.

His father stood up from his desk, closing his file.

"What is wrong with you?" He beams his son an angry stare.

Mark scratches his nape, frustration hovering him like menace. "Why did you need me back here?"

"What do you mean?"

Mark suddenness was unusual, and it stunned him why his son was jumping out to to such questions, something must've happened.

"You know exactly what I meant. Why did you take me back?"

"Lee Minhyung, you're our son..."

"Bullshit!" Mark yelled making his body trembling. "I know why, you won't be able to take full control of this damn company if you have no heir in line!"

"Are you even listening to yourself? This business will pass down to you and of course I needed an heir." the director sneered back.

"Then why did you despise Donghyuck so bad?" He said it so roughly, bearing the strained feeling in his heart.

He knows why, he wanted the old man to say it.

"He is manipulative, and he won't be able to bear you any children, would he?" Again, Mark's father with the same old reason, so he never changed, it was simply no reason at all - Mark thought.

"You're manipulative... and homophobic." Mark spat his word out sternly.

Taeil jumps out from his sitting position, looming closer to the director who probably had his rage flowed like lava.

And it was the same for Mark.

"This is not what I want, you forced me into this. I was controlled so many years until I finally got to break free and now you're just taking the opportunity to lure me back in..." Mark clenched on his jaw, feeling the tension visible to his veins.

Jeno suddenly barged in as well with Giselle by his side, they were clearly running as they were panting so hard.

"P-please Mark, let me explain..." Jeno gestured with his hands up, kinda begged for Mark to allow him to talk.

"What else do you need to explain? I get it but I thought we were best friends?" He writhed in pain.

The sadness in Mark's voice broke Jeno. He doesn't want to lose his best friend like the last time he did but he wanted to erased himself completely from Mark after the incident, but Mark's father rejected his request on stepping down and from potentially leaving.

The old man needed Jeno to used as well.

"All of you played me like I'm some kind of a toy and making my life story fucking staged!"

He shooks his head, letting out painful laughter, he manically escaped soft whimpers in disbelief. He clutched his head in agony. He couldn't believe any of this.

"Mark, I'm so sorry..." Jeno tried to pace closer, he wanted to hug Mark more than ever.

He then stomps over the Jeno, grabbing his shirt with his red bulgy eyes. The sturdy lad did nothing to restrain it, Mark punches Jeno in the face causes him to stumble behind with force.