Chapter 24

"Donghyuck told us you were so busy, I'm glad you can make it."

Donghyuck's father said while pouring the drink out for Mark.

"Just a bit." Mark politely halts the tanned father for filling his cup up.

The tanned lad sat quietly next to Mark, the family continued their dinner, and their chatter was even more hyped than the previous one.

Mark brushes his shoulder to the tanned trying to revert his attention towards him.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Mark closely whispers.

He knew why since Taeyong had explained, he just wanted to hear it coming out from the tanned himself.

But Donghyuck remained quiet. Mark didn't want to pressure him, he went back to finish his food though one his leg slides next to Donghyuck, rubbing calf above the tanned shin.

Donghyuck flinched feeling the clothed touch. He sides glances at Mark seeing how the older was smirking at him.

"Oh, Mark you should see the beach at night with Donghyuck." His mother suggested.

"I absolutely agreed with that, go on and have a romantic date!"

Donghyuck father clapped his hands encouraging them to go while the tanned once again gagged.

Mark giggles along with them, he then seems to get something out from his pocket and the tanned was still stealing glances at him.

He took out what it looks like to be blister packet of medication. Mark asked Donghyuck if he could take him a glass of water and the tanned have it for Mark without any question.

Donghyuck came back with a glass on his hand, placing it in front of Mark. Then he saw how Mark was struggling to push the pill out from the blister packet.

"Let me help you..." Donghyuck took it and pops it out easily on Mark's palm.

"Thank you." The older winked, throwing the pill inside his mouth and swallowing it down with the water.

"Are you okay?" Donghyuck asked, getting his eyes glued at Mark. The latter can sense Donghyuck worried.

"I'm fine, Dr Kim gave me this to ease my headache... it's a good sign that I'm recovering from the head injury."

Mark explained making the tanned parent avert their attention to him as well. Mark who doesn't want to be the party crasher he simply told them that it was a mild headache that can be ease with painkiller.

Donghyuck then realized how he had left Mark at the hospital without knowing what happened to him.

Ignoring his fiancé like it could make his days any better but it didn't.

Donghyuck places his hand at the back of Mark's head, stroking down his hair gently with his lips pinching together, feeling bad for leaving him before.

Mark swiftly rests his hand above the tanned lap, rubbing on it to ensure he was okay.

They exchanged faint smiles to each other, and the parent was indeed happy to see them looking hopelessly in love.

🌻

The couple walk together by the side of the beach, feeling the sea breeze on their skin and how the ocean waves touch their toes as they sink into it.

The moon really cast the most beautiful glow for the night, there was no other light that can project as stunning as the moon did.

"It's really beautiful..." Donghyuck said looking at the moon.