Nineteen

"Who's the hottest?",Kate asked Dexter smugly as she watched him driving smoothly with one hand

"Who's the hottest?",Kate asked Dexter smugly as she watched him driving smoothly with one hand. "Hmm?",She adjusted the black shades she was wearing on the bridge of her nose and tucked her hair behind her ear as the strong wind from opening the roof of the car was making her hair dance over her face.

Dexter scoffed,ignoring the strands of hair the wind was bringing to his face since he was also wearing shades. "Isn't it obvious? Me,of course". He smirked,still keeping his eyes on the road.

Kate faked a gasp of surprise,"So you're saying ​you're hotter than me?"

"I mean, come on__let's be realistic here",Dexter glanced at Kate,still smirking."You're hot_agreed. And I'm super hot. Big difference. You know you can't resist me". He raised his shades briefly so he could throw her a sly wink.

"Oh please",Kate rolled her eyes,bringing her phone out of her pocket and folding her knees up so she could keep her feet on her seat. "You're the one who can't resist me. I rock this shades better",She held her head high in smug at him.

"Well that's what you think. I'm certainly the hottest". Dexter hid a smile as he glanced at the long row of trees at the sides of the road,it almost seemed like they were the only ones taking that path with the row of just trees and hills.

"Ugh! I feel like screaming at you!" Kate pretended to pull at her hair frustratingly.

"Babe. You already are". Dexter couldn't help but laugh at her cute act. They had been pretending to oppose each other since that morning and that somehow gave their date a fun start. Plus,it had been hilarious.

"You know what?,I'm going to call someone who's gonna prove that I'm hotter than you",Kate began tapping on her phone.

"Okay. Would like to see you try",Dexter chuckled,relaxing in his seat,thankful that the road had been straight for a while.

About a minute later,Kate extended her arm and cleared her throat. The faces of Heather,Tyler and Sean then became visible in her phone as Kate had already created a group video chat. "Hey,guys",She waved at them and smiled. Dexter just shook his head slightly with a smile still on his face,he glanced at Kate's phone.

"Hey,girl".

"What's up,Kate?"

"What are you guys doing?"

Tyler asked the last question over Heather and Sean's greeting as he leaned forward from where he was as if to get a better look at Dexter and Kate's background.

"Well,we're currently going...",Dexter was going to reply Tyler but Kate cut him off.

"Hiking. We're going hiking,Tyler". She said,shifting her hand so the guys could see Dexter better too.

Sean chuckled while he still kept the straw of his smoothie in his mouth,"Dexter going hiking. That's great news". He said sarcastically.

Dexter scoffed,"Shut up,Sean. It was Katrina's idea. I could come up with something more fun for a date". He glanced at them again.