Seventeen

Kate stretched on her bed with a quiet groan

Kate stretched on her bed with a quiet groan. She slowly sat up right,trying to take a few more seconds to open her eyes. She barely opened her eyes as she looked beside her,remembering that Dexter had slept next to her through the night__she blushed at the thought,it had been so comfortable and delightful,compared to the last time they had shared her bed. She saw that Dexter wasn't on her bed at the moment,the space next to her was neat and empty and her heart almost dropped. She let out a sigh,thinking he must have left quietly again. 

What time did he even wake up?,Kate wondered as she glanced at the digital clock on her bedside table saw that it was exactly 6:30.

She just got out of her bed and trudged into her bathroom to ease herself and maybe wash her face and brush her teeth.

After a few minutes,Kate went out to the living room and she was a little surprised to see Dexter in her kitchen,seemingly making something and she could see that he had some ear pods on as he gently nodded and hummed to himself. She smiled a little as she went over to meet him,her heart just fluttered at the sight of Dexter cooking__in her kitchen.

"Hey". Kate said when Dexter hadn't realized she had walked in.

He looked up from setting two plates of sandwich on the small counter and smiled when he saw her,"Morning,babe".

"Good morning",Kate also smiled,moving closer to stand next to him. "Thought you already left".

Dexter raised an eyebrow at her amusedly,"Why would you think that?"

Kate shrugged and peered at the tasty-looking sandwiches he made. "So you woke up early to cook for me?",She locked her arm with his and smiled up at him cheekily.

Dexter chuckled and looked at her,"Well,maybe. But__I still wanted to keep myself busy though".

Kate rolled her eyes playfully,"Yeah,right".

Dexter chuckled again quietly and pinched her cheek softly. "It's cute when you think you're not my priority". He teased.

Kate smiled."And it's cute that you're calling me cute when my morning hair is still a mess". She also teased.

"So adorable",Dexter said with a funny accent and kissed her lightly on her lips.

Kate just grinned as he stared back into her eyes and she poked his ribs,making him chortle. She stepped away from him and walked towards a cupboard,"How did you know I wanted to have a sandwich and__",She opened the cupboard and took out a box,"Some tea this morning?" She closed the cupboard and went back to join Dexter by the counter.

"Just occurred to me",Dexter shrugged. "So,um__what time are you having your exam?" He collected the two cups Kate handed to him.

"I have one at 9:30 and the other paper is at noon". Kate said.

"Oh. Then I guess I'll just come pick you up when you're done". Dexter looked at her.

"Alright. And__since I'm going to be free tomorrow,I was thinking maybe we could__hang out?" Kate dropped her gaze from Dexter as she said the last part quietly,fiddling with a tea spoon.