Ten

Dexter had been leaning against the wall for about five minutes now with his arms crossed and one leg over the other

Dexter had been leaning against the wall for about five minutes now with his arms crossed and one leg over the other. It had became a sort of habit for him to stand like that whenever he was waiting for someone or something.

He watched as the cool-looking students walked out of the big class with each of them having a minimum of three gist partners by their sides. He waited for the only charming and captivating face to show up already. 

Like on cue,Kate walked out of the class with Jessie,both talking and smiling at each other. Dexter smiled a little to himself before leaving his position and walked up to her. 

"....No,no,no. That would have been a stupid thing to do...",Kate was saying to Jessie when she felt someone standing in their way. They looked stopped and looked up,Kate's heart willingly skipped a beat when she saw the gorgeous-looking Dexter. 

"Hey". He smiled at her and then momentarily at Jessie.

"Hi",Jessie was the one who replied,with a smile too.

Kate stood,a little fazed and didn't know what to say to him first. She actually had a lot of things to say to him,a lot of things to ask but they will never come out in words. She just stared blankly at him. He also stared at her,only that he was smiling.

Jessie looked at Kate and then at Dexter,sensing the intensity between them. "Um,I'm just gonna...leave now. See you later,Kay". She just scurried off without them looking at her.

"How are you doing?" Dexter began cautiously. 

"Great. Obviously ". Kate replied,pretending to be casual. 

"So,um__are you busy right now?" Dexter asked. 

"Yeah. I'm off to see someone". Kate adjusted the strap of her handbag on her shoulder.

"Oh". Dexter ran a hand through his hair quickly. "Will you be free later?" 

Kate sighed unintentionally. "Dexter,it's six in the evening and I just said I'm off to see someone". 

"I can see you whenever. I just wanna talk to you ". Dexter quickly said.

"Dexter..." Kate clearly wanted to decline again.

"I really want to talk to you. Katrina". Dexter insisted with a little desperation in his voice. Kate became silent and Dexter took that as his answer,he turned and walked away. Kate rolled her eyes and sighed in uncertainty.

Was she really going to meet him? What does he has to say for him to be this serious? A part of her just wanted to ignore him and not dwell on it much__and another part of her wanted to hear him out. 

*****************

".....So,when is he coming back from Switzerland?" Sean asked Dexter after sipping from his glass of wine. 

"Probably next week". Dexter shrugged slightly fiddling with his fork over his own steak. It tasted nice but he oddly didn't have much appetite.

"And you can't see her till then?" Tyler raised his eyebrows.