Five

Tyler James

Tyler James

"....One reason we love fiction is because stories have a comforting shape. They provide a resolution that's lacking in our regular lives. Well,I guess that's why fiction and love are sometimes in sync with each other",The tutoring student explained to the scanty class,"Actually,I'm not a lover but I've loved someone all the time". He joked and everyone laughed.

Kate,from the corner of the class she sat at,smiled a little at the young guy's comment. She felt she had heard those words before__where exactly?

Her mind suddenly went back to the situation when Dexter made that statement; They were both having lunch with Heather,Sean and Tyler. Dexter and Tyler were both joking about something,Kate couldn't really remember what it was,and Dexter had made that statement cockily, "....I'm not a lover but I've loved someone all the time",He had then winked at Kate.

Kate quickly shook her head lightly as soon as the memory came. "Gosh,why does everything leads to when we were together? You gotta stop thinking too much about him". She mumbled to herself.

"....Alright,today's tutorial ends here. I've tried my best. We can have like two more before your last paper. Shucks to those who couldn't make it today". The tutoring student announced again. "Later,sophomores". He took his things and left the class.

"Thanks,Sammie!" The class chorused as they also began to leave the class.

Kate rose up with her bag,keeping her book inside. "Hey,Kate_",She turned at the call of her name and smiled at her course mate and friend.

"Hi,Jessie. What's up?" Kate greeted her.

"Well,I wanted to remind you that Jay's birthday party is still tomorrow evening__be sure to be there",Jessie said with a playful warn.

Kate chuckled slightly,"Um...I can't really guarantee that I'll be there but..."

"But nothing",Jessie quickly interjected her."Girl. Second year is ending and you need a real social life. Make sure you come,Kate".

Kate sighed,defeated,"Okay,fine". She rolled her eyes. She liked Jessie,she was a cool and really attractive girl,she had actually been her only friend since their first year and she had also been a good friend.

"Nice. I'll call you tomorrow then". Jessie smiled satisfactorily. "Bye!" She made for the door,waving shortly at Kate.

"Bye". Kate called after her. She also slowly walked out of the class. Jessie was seemingly in a rush for some reason.

Kate strolled through the school's parking lot,still thinking about this guy again. She was happy,confused,frustrated and angry at the same time. What was more annoying was that it wasn't easy to brush off.

"Katrina". She turned swiftly at the call of her name because she recognized the voice definitely as Dexter's. Her eyes roamed about the parking lot in search for the real him.