Chapter twenty four: Hidden Map.

November 23rd, 2019
4:54am

Levy had me locked in the janitor's room.
He had left me alone in that room with minimal light from my cell phone because my flashlight battery was now dead.

"Levi!" I screamed, banging on the door frantically trying to break it down.
"Levi open this fucking door! I swear if you don't opened this door!" That's when I realized Levi wasn't there.

Either I was alone with the killer or he was.

In my terror I started screaming.
"Help!" I was screaming like crazy.
Levi was nowhere to be found.
"Is anyone here?! Please!"

November 4th, 2019
4:26pm

Pope was running like crazy to get me to the others quickly.

I walked in and everyone was waiting for me.
I sat down and silence reigned for a while.
"So we all received a letter right?" Sebastian said hesitantly.
"Yeah...does it say the same thing to everyone?" Mia asked.
"What's the point?" I wondered.
"Whoever it is just wants to scare us." Levi said and threw his letter on the table.
"It can't be just a letter! Everyone look at it carefully to see if there's anything different!" Peter said.

We all opened our letters and looked at it as if we had a problem with our eyes. We all had it very close to our faces trying to catch even the slightest detail.
I looked at the others for a moment.
I looked at them again and again and again.
Something didn't sit right with me.
That's when it hit me.
The back of the letters were different.

"Everybody put your letters on the table upside down!" I said and touched my letter.
"Why?" Theo asked.
"You'll see!"
And thats what we all did.

"Now what?" Jun wondered.
"I don't know..." I said as I couldn't understand what it was then Mia called out.
"It's a map! It's a map of Salmon Arm!" She started to put everything in order and then we had a huge map though...

A piece was missing.

The map was in the following order.
My last name : Ferrit
Scott's last name: Colley
Levi's last name: Ash
Jun's last name: Kwon
Stephanie's last name: Marwood
Peter's last name: Aurelius
Theo's last name: Hemlock
Leo's last name: Graves
Sebastian's last name: Roth
Marcus' last name: Mort
Then blank.
One piece was missing.

"Something is missing..." Said Levi.
"And something is different..." Peter filled it in.
"My name is missing..." Said Mia, somewhat frightened.
"And Marcus has an X." Said Theo.
"It's like a player is out of the game." Said Sebastian.
"Why does it have Stephanie and Scott on the map?" Surprised Leo .
"Why does it have all of our names on the map?" I asked.
"Everyone but me." Mia reminded us.
"Wait a minute... Are those marks blood?" I asked terrified.
"It could be Marcus' blood." Levi said.
"Let's take it to Thanos!" Peter said and motioned to pick up the map, and Sebastian slapped his hand, sending it away.

"Are you crazy? There's no way he can keep this a secret from the sheriff! If it's Marcus' blood he's obviously going to go and tell!"
"I wonder how she informs him every time? How does he tell him all this? He calls him up and says.

"Wassup my brother George!"
"Hey, Thanos! How are you?"
"Great! I called to tell you that your son didn't kill himself, but was murdered. Oh, and not to forget the idiots who are more concerned with your son's case than you are, they found his blood on a map!"
"Great! Now I'll have something to remember him by!" " Jun started to pretend talking on the phone and we looked at him anxiously.
"Okay, I'll stop..." He said sadly.

"I'll take it home where it will be safer. I have a chauffeur to take me so they will arrive safely and my house is guarded by security 24/7 so no one will hurt it." I informed.
"Calm down... Why are you acting like that?" Levi said
"Like how?" I asked back.
"Like it's a fucking diamond!" Levi said dryly.

{-}

After another half hour of conversation we all started heading home.

Levi looked sad. He wasn't well and it showed.

"What's up with you?" I asked him out of interest.
"Nothing." He answered and kept walking but I stepped in front of him.
"If you don't tell me I'm going to start screaming and yelling that you're harassing me!" I threatened him.

"You wouldn't dare!" He challenged me and then I started screaming at the top of my lungs and he shut my mouth.
"Are you crazy?! Somebody will hear you and call the cops on us!" He shouted at me in a whisper.
"Then tell me!"
"Well..."

We stood there for a while and then he started talking.
"I had a brother five years older..."
"I know..." He seemed surprised.
"Did your sister talked to you?" And then he surprised me too.
"My sister? What does my sister has to do with your brother? Unless..."

Levi's brother and my sister were a couple.

"Today marks three years since he's been gone. I know the first year of those three years he was with your sister."
"What? I mean, we weren't even anywhere near Salmon Arm three years ago."
"I don't know...what I do know is that your sister had something to do with his disappearance."
"If he left when he turned eighteen then that means he's a year older than my sister so three years ago she was only 17."
"What difference does it make that she was 17 and how do you know my brother was 18 when he went missing?" He asked me suspiciously.
"My mother told me and it matters because my parents were too strict with my sister when she was 17 because they were afraid she would get out of control once she turned 18."

He sat for a while and looked everywhere but at me.

"What?" I asked him.
"Nothing..." He said uncertainly.
"Tell me!" I demanded.
"How could your mother possibly know that my brother disappeared when he turned eighteen? My parents tried hard to cover it up by telling everyone that he left to study. Also why were they so strict with her? Was it because she actually had something to do with his disappearance and that's why they were afraid?"
"Again it doesn't make sense exactly how my sister would have anything to do with his disappearance? They couldn't have met, nor apparently would she have kidnapped him."
"No but he could have left to find her and if she really didn't help then how did your mother know?"

This all seemed so strange to me. How could a seventeen year old girl help someone escape from their home halfway across the world?

"When exactly did your mother tell you all that about my brother?" He asked me somewhat irritated.
"A few days ago? Why?"
"When exactly?"
"The night you brought me home." I answered, trying to figure out what was going on.

He kept his eyes open wide as if something inside him clicked.

"Your mother told you about me, didn't she? About my family! That's why you were so distant afterwards! She doesn't want you to hang out with me so you don't end up like your sister!" He began to shout with a psychotic smile on his face.
"What are you talking about?!" I looked at him furiously.