Chapter 2

Hey, my lovely readers,

I won't say much, but if you like this story, don't forget to vote and comment.

It means a lot to me and keeps me encouraged to write further.
------

Tavish's POV

I always wanted to be the one with whom my father can be proud of. I always saw how hard he tries to keep his people together. He sometimes sacrifices his family to be the protector our people need. Although it;s his duty, I still feel that he has to understand that his family also needs him. I want to be just like my father but not at the cost of my family.

I have three members in my family. My parents are the king and queen of Udaipur and technically I am the princess who will take over everything after my father. I also have a younger sister, Inaya. She is the only person with whom I can be myself.

I don't have to wear the mask of courage, rude, ruthless and cruel. She is more like my daughter than sister. She is 8 years younger than me. I saw her how she used to sacrifice her choices being a princess. So when I turned 18 and got the things in my hand, I was sure that I would not let that happen anymore. Since then I am ensuring that she get what she desires no matter the cost.

Because I already made a mistake in the past and I am not going to repeat that mistake with my other sister.

"Maa, I am back.", I yelled as soon as I entered the palace with the painting. It is a royal painting and belongs to our ancestors but a few years ago, due to some dispute we lost it. Since then it was my duty to get it back.

"Mom.", I again called for my mother and soon she came walking to me.

"Tavish, my son.", She said and kissed my forehead.

"Mom, see I got this painting back.", I showed her like a happy child.

Soon, I felt a presence behind me and I realized it's my father.

"Dad, I did it.", I said looking at my father.

"Go take blessings from your dad.", My mother encouraged me and hesitantly I walked to him.

I bent down to touch his feet but he left without a word.

"Dad", I murmured, still bending down and looking at him going away.

Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder and found my mom with teary eyes.

I stood and mom consoled me, "Tavish, don't be sad. He will accept you one day."

"I just wish that day would come before I bid goodbye to this world.", I said and mom spoke with anger to warn me, "Tavish."

But I interrupted her saying, "I am going to my room."

With that I started walking towards my room while my mom was calling me from behind, "Tavish, listen to me beta."

"Tavish.", She again called but I left.

-------

Since the afternoon incident, I have been sitting in my room. It's not like I don't have work to do. I have my own business but I need this time. My family is my everything and being neglected in your own family feels like a punishment for the last seven years.

I was remembering the day that my family was snatched from me when I heard a knock at the door and I yelled, "Who is there?"

I waited for the person to answer and soon I heard, "Bhai, main andar aa jau?" (Brother, may I come in?)

It was my little sister Inaya. She is everything to me. I have always been the shield that she needed to fight with the world. Therefore I keep these emotions that show my weakness to myself.