Chapter 1

Author's POV

The morning sun shone on the Sisodiya Palace in Udaipur, making the palace look golden. Maharaj Samar Pratap Sisodiya was walking back and forth in the big hall, worried about something important.

The tension line was visible on his face. His son, Prince Tavish Sisodiya, was at an auction in the city. A very special painting was being sold, one that had been in their family for a long time. The king's family had always owned this painting, and they didn't want anyone else to have it.

The king looked out the window at the gardens, where beautiful birds were walking around the flowers. He touched the ring he wore, which was a promise to keep his family's history safe. He felt the heavy responsibility, just like the crown he wore on his head.

Everyone in the palace was talking about the auction. Some were hopeful, but others were worried. The king had to wait and see what would happen with the painting. It was more than just a painting to them; it was about their family's honor and history.

He was lost in thought when his wife Maharani Nandini Sisodiya came and sat beside him, "Please don't take tension, Rana sa."

"I can't sit, Rani sa. Tavish is there but I don't think he can manage on his own.", Rana Sa replied.

Rani sa touched his shoulders and said, "Please trust your son, Rana Sa."

"What he did in the past can't be forgotten, Rani Sa.", The king said standing from his place.

"When will you forgive him for the past? He had no control over that.", Rani Sa asked, thinking about the past memory.

-----

The Auction Room

The auction room in the five-star hotel in Udaipur buzzed with anticipation. Crystal chandeliers cast a soft glow over the velvet-draped walls, and the air was thick with the scent of opulence. At the center of it all, a painting that spoke of the Sisodiya dynasty's storied past awaited its fate.

Prince Tavish Sisodiya stood poised among the crowd. His eyes were glued to the painting. He was the epitome of regal composure, yet the tight clasp of his hands betrayed his inner tension.

"Lot number seventeen," the auctioneer announced, his voice cutting through the murmurs. "The legendary 'Eyes of Sisodiya'. Bidding starts at ten million rupees."

As soon as the announcement was done, everyone was silent to start. Every renowned hotel, politicians and businessmen wanted that painting. It is the epitome of standard, wealth and most important heritage. So, no one was ready to leave any stone untouched.

Everyone was ready to bid but they wanted Prince Tavish Sisodiya to start. A hush fell over the room. Tavish raised his paddle without hesitation. "Eleven million," he stated, his voice resonant.

With that, the bidding war began. Numbers flew, escalating with each nod and paddle raise. Tavish countered each bid with steely determination. He was not ready to give up at any cost.

"Twenty million!" called out a voice from the back. The room gasped. Every eye turned to the back and they noticed Atharv Mahajan standing with his glory wearing a black tailored suit radiating confidence.

Tavish and Atharv are opponents in business. Both of them have had this battle to be on top for years. Some time Tavish won and some time Atharv. Although no one knows the reason behind it , it was evitable that something big had happened that made them enemies.

Tavish hesitated for a mere second before lifting his paddle again. "Twenty-five million," he said firmly.

The atmosphere was electric, each bid adding to the tension. Atharv matched his bid, and for a moment, it seemed like an endless battle between both the rivals.

Finally, with a deep breath, Tavish played his final card. "Thirty million rupees," he declared, and the room fell silent.

Although Atharv wanted to make a high bid, he is a wise man and he knew that this much investment wouldn't be a profitable deal for his hotel.

The auctioneer waited, the gavel poised in his hand. "Going once, going twice... Sold to Prince Tavish Sisodiya!"

A collective exhale filled the room as Tavish let out a sigh of relief. The painting was coming home, and with it, a piece of the Sisodiya soul.

He turned to look at Atharv and saw the hint of disappointment on his face for a second but he recollected himself soon.

He walked to Prince Tavish Sisodiya and forwarded his hand, "Congratulations, Prince Sisodiya."

"Thank you. It seems the stars were in my favor today.", Tavish replied with a hint of victory in his voice.

"Indeed, but how long?"Atharv said and turned to leave without hearing a word from Tavish.

------

Hey Guys,

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book. If you are my continuous reader from other platform you must know you won't be disappointed.
However if you are new, I assure you of a lot of drama and love. Of course not between the rivals but their romance with their lovers.
So be ready and do vote, comment and add this story to you libraries now.

Also, follow me on Instagram: geetakagrawrites