Distance

Han Ye Jun was in a good mood.

He had just had his second date with Si Woo, where Ye Jun confirmed just how much he liked spending time with him. The sunbae was funny and clever, there was rarely a dull moment or even a lull when they were together. He was seductive and flirty and knew exactly how to take control of a situation to fit his purposes. Ye Jun admired that and also found it incredibly attractive.

And since they had already kissed on their group date, they were also able to share a kiss goodnight for their paired date. It had been incredible. Si Woo's lips were as soft as he had remembered and he had granted him access into his mouth when Ye Jun had traced the long wide lips with his tongue. The kiss had been hot and heavy and Ye Jun had enjoyed every moment of it.

They had also begun exchanging longer and longer conversations via text nearly every night, talking about random topics - school, his work with the professor, Ji Soo's game, video games, whatever. It didn't matter really, Ye Jun was simply happy talking to him. He realized that he had never felt this way dating someone before and he couldn't help but feel as though he was walking high above the clouds.

His thoughts were constantly filled with the sunbae. So much so that he often found himself meeting up with his old group of friends regularly in the afternoons, which he had done before he had asked Jong In for space nearly a year ago.

It was comfortable and he was happy to see his old friends with whom he never felt the need to pretend to be someone he was not. But at some point, he noticed a distinct absence that became clearer and clearer as the days went on.

"Where in Jong In?" he asked Ji Soo. "I haven't seen him since Monday, isn't he helping you with the game?"

She looked up from her laptop. "I don't know, he said he was needed at home this week. He didn't tell me the details."

Ye Jun frowned. That was strange, he hadn't heard anything from his mother or sister about something occurring at Jong In's house. Their families were incredibly close so much so that whenever anything happened, everyone from both families would hear about it.

He hadn't seen Jong In since Monday and before that, it was on their paired date. But since then, Jong In had not contacted him nor had he responded to the group chat, except to say that he could not meet for the group date on the previous weekend. It felt as though it had been ages since Ye Jun last saw him. They had not even come across each other accidentally, which was odd since their departments were right next to each other and they even had a few classes in the same building.

He wondered if perhaps Jong In was avoiding him but he couldn't figure out why. He thought they had buried any awkwardness on their date. After having gone to the market, they had dinner together at Ye Jun's house with his parents and sister, then they went to Ye Jun's room to play some games on his console. They had laughed and talked and played all day. Like they had done not so long ago. They had had fun. At least, that was what Ye Jun had thought.

Jong In had acted just like he used to, before things had become awkward between them.

While it hadn't been a real date, he had enjoyed it. They had been friends forever for a reason - Ye Jun had always liked being with Jong In. He had forgotten that. Being with him was always comfortable and fun even when they weren't doing anything special. The date had reminded him of that.

Jong In had enjoyed it too. That, he couldn't hide.

So then where was Jong In now, he wondered as he and Si Woo sat at a cafe, waiting for him. It was the day of their third group date and Jong In had messaged them earlier that he would be late. While Ye Jun had enjoyed his alone time with Si Woo, he found himself constantly looking out for any signs of Jong In since he gave no definitive time on when he would arrive. It was rare for him to be late and unlike him to not give a new estimated time of arrival. What was he doing that made him so busy lately?