An Unexpected Betrayal

"Who's up for round two?" yelled Ji Soo as she placed an arm around Jong In. "Ah, I'm feeling good. I think I can go for another round." She turned to face Jong In and placed a loud kiss on his cheek. "Our Jong In is the cutest in the world."

Like clockwork, Hwan appeared, having paid the tab and came out just in time to witness the tipsy Ji Soo's show of affection. "I'll take her home," he said, no hint of amusement in his voice as he pulled her arm off of Jong In and without another word, began walking away from the group.

Ye Jun could hear Ji Soo ask why they were not going for another round as their footsteps faded into the distance.

"It's late and the subway should already have stopped" said Si Woo as he looked at Jong In, who too was slightly tipsy as evidenced by his slowly closing eyelids. "My apartment is not far from here," he continued, looking at Ye Jun who had wrapped his arm around Jong In's waist. "How about we grab a few more drinks at the convenience store and you two stay over for the night."

Ye Jun agreed, still holding onto Jong In.

After purchasing some beer and snacks, they settled down in Si Woo's spacious living room. The apartment was a fairly large, two bedroom in an affluent part of the city.

"So, do you let anyone kiss you when you're drunk?" Si Woo asked Jong In jokingly as he opened a can of beer and set it before him.

Jong In, who had yet to sober up from the night's event, took a tentative sip and set it back down on the table. His eyelids lowered slightly and a small grin appeared on his face. "Hmm," he said, "If they are good looking, yes."

Si Woo let out a surprised laugh.

"Then what about me?" he asked, leaning closer toward him with a smile, "Am I good looking enough?"

"Hmm?" Jong In who had been staring at the opening of his beer can looked up and seemed to peruse the sunbae's face in serious thought. "Yes, you have soft but manly features." He nodded as though affirming his own conclusions all the while he peered back down at his now half empty can, "You are good looking."

Si Woo chuckled as he set down his own beer and shuffled toward the empty spot in front of Jong In's seat. "Then that means that I can kiss you, right?"

Ye Jun, who had just come out of the bathroom to hear the tailend of Jong In's words and Si Woo's reply, frowned as he moved toward them. The two were yet unaware of Ye Jun's arrival and he took that opportunity to observe them.

Si Woo had been noticeably attentive to Jong In throughout the night. He had made sure that his plate was always full, that he did not overindulge in alcohol, and Si Woo had listened to every word Jong In had said as though they were the most interesting words he had ever heard. It was evidence that Si Woo might actually be a good fit for Jong In if his actions were any indication as to the kind of lover he would be. But for some reason, it had put Ye Jun into a semi-foul mood at some point in the night.

He frowned, he should have wholeheartedly been able to support their relationship but... he could not and it was all because of this ugly emotion that had once again reared its head.

The most distressing part was that he now understood what the emotion was. He could now put a name to it.

Jealousy.

And the worst part was that it was jealousy of Jong In and not the sunbae.

He finally had a taste of that elusive emotion but it was to a man that he would have never allowed himself to develop any interest for and it was leading him to a whirlwind of confusion, desire, and possessiveness.

Damn. He couldn't believe that he was even entertaining the idea. Could he really mess this up for Jong In?

No, he had to fight it. It was why he had agreed to come to the sunbae's house in the first place, he wanted to convince himself once and for all that Jong In and Si Woo belonged together and with that proof, he would distance himself as much as possible until the feelings passed.