The Dreams

Ye Jun leaned back against his pillow. The clock beside his bed read 4:53 AM, still five hours before it would go off and notify him that it was time to rise for the day.

4:53 AM. That was what the clock still read.

4:53 AM was the time a minute after he had woken, his heart beating rapidly and a bead of sweat running down his forehead, despite the cold night air that touched it.

4:53 AM was the time 2 minutes after his body had first attempted to propel him awake, succeeding after the second time in doing so.

4:53 AM came 3 minutes after his mind's eye witnessed himself pressed against another body, one that was harder than the soft, feminine ones he was used to, the face covered up by the back of Ye Jun's own eyelids.

4:53 AM came 2.9 minutes after the moment he finally saw the face of the form he had kissed.

4:53 AM came 2.7 minutes after the moment he saw the form beside the bed.

4:53 AM came 2.5 minutes after the moment his eyes met the stricken ones of that form.

4:53 AM came 2.3 minutes after the moment he desperately scrambled off the form on the bed to chase the one who was now making his way out the door that had appeared out of nowhere.

4:53 AM came 2 minutes after his body shocked his mind to try to wake up even as his mind continued to chase the form.

4:53 AM came a minute after he woke up, his body both humming with a familiar tantalizing pleasure and an unfamiliar yet long forgotten desperation.

4:53 AM came when he looked at the clock on his bedside table.

Ye Jun swore softly. Still 5 hours left before it would go off and notify him that it was time to waken for the day.

~

The dreams kept coming ceaselessly for a week.

Every morning, Ye Jun would wake up from a sultry sleep where his limbs were tangled up with another's. A man. In his dream, he would embrace this man, kiss him, touch him, and his body would react in the same way when he was with a woman.

That did not disturb him. In fact, the thought of loving the same gender had never disturbed him and he supposed it was thanks to Jong In, whose affections for him had been so obviously leaning toward the romantic. He supposed that he should have been a little bit perturbed and perhaps he would have been had he been a little older when he first discovered Jong In's feelings.

But instead, it had happened on his thirteenth birthday, when he was just barely old enough to understand concepts like sexuality. And while he had already had some experience with dating and girlfriends, they had hardly been a priority for him at that time.

On that day, his parents had gone on a business trip and they had left Ye Jun alone with his older sister, who had promptly decided that she was going to out with her boyfriend. They had left him with gifts and a decent sized envelope of money, partly as an apology for leaving him on his birthday and partly for food to cover the week that they would be gone.

It had hardly mattered to him that they were there with him that day. After all, he was thirteen and parents and older sisters just tended to stick their noses in everything and get in the way of long nights of gaming and junk food. And so excited at the prospect of being home alone, Ye Jun had called Jong In over. Just Jong In. There was no one else he had wanted to spend the day with.

As expected, Jong In had arrived promptly on the agreed upon time, a cake box in one hand and a present in the other. Ye Jun had smirked, not at all surprised that his best friend had remembered his birthday. He could always count on Jong In to be there for him on that day.