Mistaken Lyrics

"What about karaoke?" suggested Hana, smiling up at Ye Jun as she clutched his arm, pointing to a large karaoke sign above them.

"Just the two of us?"

She laughed, "Why not? This is a date after all."

Ye Jun reluctantly agreed and allowed his new prospective girlfriend to lead him up the steps and into the building.

"Ye Jun?" came a surprised voice from behind him and he turned to see Jong In and Si Woo standing in the waiting area.

For some reason, he felt both surprise and a measure of relief upon seeing them.

"What are you doing here?" asked Jong In, eyes slightly wide until he saw Hana. "Oh," he said and remained quiet.

"Are you two here alone?" Ye Jun asked, knowing that it was now pointless to respond to Jong In's question.

Si Woo placed his hand on Jong In's shoulder. "We're on a date."

Ye Jun could see Jong In noticeably freeze and he instinctively moved forward but then stopped himself as Hana stepped up beside him.

"They said that we'll have to wait 30 minutes." She pouted and he found the expression strange on her face.

"I guess we'll just have to go somewhere else," Ye Jun responded, glad that he wouldn't be forced to be alone in a small karaoke room with her.

"Why don't you two join us, they are just setting up our room right now," chimed in Si Woo.

Hana finally turned to look at them and her eyes widened when they settled on the sunbae. "Oh, would that be okay?" she said, her voice instantly softening. She immediately released Ye Jun's arm and moved toward him, her voice now high with excitement. "That is so nice of you! Let's join them, Ye Jun!"

Ye Jun nodded but she was no longer looking in his direction. He did not care as he was simply glad that he did not have to spend any more alone time with this woman.

A few minutes later, a worker came out to lead them to their room. Ye Jun stepped up besides Jong In as they followed the other two.

"What made you come here alone, just the two of you?" asked Ye Jun.

Jong In jerked, "Ah – i-it's not a date," he stammered. "Si Woo sunbae just likes to tease. He kind of... tricked me."

"Tricked you, how?"

"Well," Jong In looked away and Ye Jun peered at him more closely, he could see a blush forming on the side of his face. "He said others would be joining us, including... you."

Ye Jun suddenly remembered his conversation with Si Woo. Any means necessary.

"What were the chances?"

Ye Jun laughed, "You're telling me. But honestly, I'm glad I bumped into you guys."

"You are?" Jong In asked and Ye Jun could tell that he was trying his hardest to keep the curiosity from showing in his voice. It was endearing.

"Yeah." He supposed that it wouldn't hurt if he just divulged a little of his feelings that night. "Honestly, Hana sunbae has been dragging me around all night and she's kind of pushy," he whispered.

Jong In was quiet for a moment and Ye Jun began to form the unsettling thought that perhaps they had not spoken in so long that Jong In would actually become awkward with him, when he finally responded, "Well that's the only way to deal with a jerk like you."

Ye Jun grinned and reached out to ruffle Jong In's hair, an act the other man often found annoying. He could feel Jong In momentarily freeze before ducking away from him. For half a second, Ye Jun felt bereft at the loss of his touch.