Chapter 15

Owen walked to him and rested a hand on Asher's shoulder

"We wanted what's best for you. It has been months, so your mother and I found a good rich man. I know it's not easy to heal after everything, but king Ace said he would wait for you."

"Please, don't be offended." his mother chirped in.

Asher frown softened, he took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm not angry."

"That's my boy," Alice hugged him and kissed his cheek. "One more thing, promise me you'll not be mean to Ace. Please, tolerate him, he's just excited."

Asher rolled his eyes. "I'll try."

She pinched his cheeks with a smile. "He's just a jovial person, be good to him."
...

The bandit family found a good place to stay, far from Ashernia. They were happy and lived comfortably, thanks to Tristan's mother's wish. Tristan would drink the guilt away and spend a lot of time in his room.

After some months, they celebrated one year of moving to a new country. His dad was uneasy as Tristan said nothing and drank a lot.

Betty turned to him. "Tristan, what's wrong?"

Ethan smirked. "It has been a year he last fucked that king, he can't help but miss it."

Everyone flinched as Tristan stood up, he walked to Ethan and slapped him, red fingerprints glowed on his face. "Your jokes are never funny," he glared, then went to his room.

Tristan laid on the bed, he stared at the ceiling in silence, lost in thought.

It was a choice between Mom and Asher, it's only logical to pick her. I fulfilled my mother's wish, but why do I still feel like shit?

He squeezed his heated forehead.
Is there any use of hurting the living to please the dead? All I know is that I let Asher down. Maybe I am shit.
...

Tristan went out to buy some groceries on a Saturday, he overheard the conversation of two women.

"They say that harmless dumb little prince turned out to be very cruel and heartless."

"What? Prince Asher?"

"It's king Asher, I heard someone got flogged one hundred times for giving him a wrong title, like you did right now."

"That's insane!"

"I know right? I feel bad for his people. No wonder his lover ran away."

"I heard his lover left first, which led to his cold aura."

Tristan's eyes dilated, he briskly walked away. Back home, the conversation rang in his head like a noisy alarm clock.
Asher... changed because of me? I can't live like this anymore, I'm going back.

Tristan dropped a short note and left for Ashernia early.
...

Asher was on his throne when his servant hurried. "Your Majesty!" he bowed.