Chapter 2

The man searched around, he ran to the river then sighed

The man searched around, he ran to the river then sighed. "Phew!"

Asher danced around with his legs twisted. "Can you untie me? I want to pee."

The guy loosened the rope and went back to pack up while Asher took his bath.

A prolonged scream drove the birds on trees into the air.

He paused. "The prince!"

The man hurried to the source and stopped behind a big rock. "Are you okay?"

"A fish is on my butt!" he cried.

A fish?
"Ah... don't panic, I'm coming."

"No! I'm naked," Asher covered his chest, even though the kidnapper had not taken a single step.

The bandit breathed. "Do you need my help or not?"

"Wait... It fell off."

"Your butt?"

"No, the fish!"

"Oh okay... I'm leaving a container here, it'll relieve your pain," the man pushed it to the other side of the rock.

Asher came out dressed after a while. "Ugh! You could've taken my skincare bag along, I feel so icky," he shrinked.

"Can we go now?" the man said.

"Yeah, I'm all set."

Few seconds passed when Asher deviated from the stone pathway, he gawked at the chunks of stones clothed in green moss. He darted to the man to make sure he wasn't looking, like a naughty kid up to mischief.

Asher took off his shoe and felt the green stone with his foot.
It's like a carpet.

Asher applied pressure, he brushed the moss off the surface of the stone, tilted his head and looked under his foot.

He shuttered. "Gross! Dirt."

The man turned back with furrowed eyebrows, he emphasised with his index finger pointing down. "Stay on path."

Asher straightened like a ruler then faked a smile. "Okay."

The ray of light peering through the leaves became harsher. Asher sighed.
This is getting boring.

His eyes twinkled at the bed of roses by the corner, he tiptoed towards it to avoid the man's attention. Asher examined its roots, stem, and petals.

"Hmm?" he bent his neck at the thorns— something he never saw in flowers brought to him. "What's this?" he drew his finger closer.

The guy squinted.
Why is the prince so quiet?

The man darted at Asher. "Don't touch!"

"Ah!" Asher flinched and pricked his finger on a thorn. They guy rushed to him as he yelled in pain. "Are you okay?"