Chapter 8

Asher pushed the cloak to the side for him to get a better view, he smirked at Tristan's mesmerised stare

You like what you see, huh?

Tristan pinched his shirt, sweating.
It's hot in here, is he trying to kill me?

Asher ran off the wooden stage immediately the music stopped, the deafening screams of the crowd filled the air.

Asher halted as the little girl he saved approached him with a crown made of flowers. She blushed, playing with her feet. "Hey, mister, I made this for you."

Asher smiled, holding his face. "Aww..." he bent down then took off his hood.

"Wow, I love your hair, you're a pretty mister," she placed it on his head.

"Thank you, it's lovely," Asher grinned and raised his hood.

This child left and Tristan arrived.

"Have you lost your mind! You exposed your face," he whispered.

"Chill, it was just for a few seconds, they won't recognize me, besides, the prince is always locked in his castle so he can't be here," Asher smugged.

"Okay, you win, but don't do that again," Tristan exhaled.

"I won't," he said.

They walked home, holding hands and Asher thanked him for the tremendous experience.
...

Tristan went for a mission after a few days. He was now hired to kidnap captives from their captors and safely take them back to their family for half the ransom.

He also accepted jobs to kidnap greedy and wicked nobles. 

Everyone was asleep by 11pm except Asher, he has been waiting for Tristan since afternoon.

"He said he would be back by 9 pm, what's taking him so long? Did something bad happen? Why am I the only one freaking out? His family shouldn't be sound asleep when he's not back yet-" Asher gasped as the door creaked.

Tristan grunted, holding his injured arm dripping in blood. Asher ran to support his posture. "What happened!"

"Minor injury, the gang was twice the number I was told."

"Where's the first aid box?" Asher said.

"I have one in my room."

They walked to his room and Tristan sat down. Asher took out the box and insisted on helping, Tristan directed him on what to do.

"I need Betty to stitch it up, you can't help with this one."

Asher looked at him. "I want to show you something, but don't freak out, okay?"

Tristan thought for a minute then nodded. Asher held his injured hand and cleared his throat.

Flower gleam and glow
Let your powers shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine