XVI

Keigo stood anxiously by the bathroom door, checking his watch and then his phone every few minutes. (Y/n) sat under the window, hands behind their back and chained to the radiator. "I told you he isn't coming. You never fucking listen. He wouldn't even come here anyway. How would he know to look for me here, if he were to come after me?" They asked, eyes glued to the carpet.

"He wouldn't. He'd go through all the effort to find all of my secret bases and houses, but would never find this one. You didn't even know about this, so how would he? I have traps set at each one. He can't do much on his own against twenty heroes and police!"

"How do you know he'd go alone?" (Y/n) questioned, adjusting their legs and wincing at the stinging numbness.

"You don't know him too well, do you?" They shook their head, glancing up to Keigo.

"I've been trying, but it's so hard to get information out of him when I'm too busy trying to keep my own information hidden," they explained. Keigo nodded, shoving his phone into his back pocket and sitting down next to (Y/n), folding his wings against his back.

"Well, I'll tell you a couple things about him. He's the long lost son of Endeavour that I introduced you to back in high school. Ah, the good 'ol days..."

"I know that much, dumbass. Or did you forget that I had eyes on you? I didn't need him to tell me that. You already figured it out," they cut in, causing Keigo to nod and purse his lips, sending a quick smile to them.

"Y'know, you look real cute tied up, Love," he whispered, taking their chin into his hand and turning their head to face him. Their expression held nothing but anger as they stared him down. "Awe, little Angel can't fight back 'cause they're all tied up..." He teased, gently caressing their cheek with his thumb.

After a moment, (Y/n) suddenly latched their teeth onto his hand, catching Keigo off guard. He cursed, pulling his hand back, but (Y/n) didn't let go that easily. They bit down harder, their mouth filling with his blood as he grunted and gasped, still pulling. The harder he pulled, the harder their teeth sunk into his flesh. Eventually, he recognized this and stopped struggling, cracking a slight smirk as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. "You're a lot more stubborn than I remember you being. Will you let go of my hand now?" (Y/n) rolled their eyes, glancing down to the chains around their wrists, moving their hands for emphasis. "Ah, so you won't let my hand be free until I let your hands be free?" They gave him some puppy eyes for sarcastic effect. "Not happening."

(Y/n)'s eyes narrowed, biting harder. "Ah! Fuck! Okay, you win! Goddammit..." He fumbled around in his pants pocket with his free hand for a key, trying to maneuver so that he could use the key on the lock. (Y/n) gripped the lock between two fingers, holding it towards Keigo to give him easier access to it. Eventually, he unlocked it, and (Y/n) pulled their wrists up, cracking their knuckles.

"Thanks," they muttered, spitting a mouthful of Keigo's blood onto the carpet.

"Yeah, and thanks for this," he retorted, examining the damage done to his hand. "Stay put," he added before stepping into the bathroom and washing the wound. (Y/n) sighed, standing up to stretch their legs. They glanced out the window, eyes scanning the area for a moment. They frowned, wondering if Touya seriously wasn't going to come for them. They had made it so easy for the League to find them and avoid any potential traps. Sure, they had made a very split-second guess at the tavern of where the apartment in question was, but realizing that Keigo knew where they worked and had a spy there, they could only assume it was their apartment complex that he was taking them to. They just had to hope that the League was smart enough to figure out which room they were being held in. "Enjoying your freedom now?" They scoffed, rolling their eyes.

"This is nothing close to freedom, but nice try," they said, eyes trailing back to the window.

"You're hoping he comes for you, huh?"

"He won't, but there's nothing wrong with a little hope." Keigo hummed, sitting on the couch and taking out his phone, dialing a number and putting the phone to his ear.

"You got anything?" He asked when the other end picked up. (Y/n) tried to listen to the conversation, but couldn't make out what the other voice was saying. "Nothing here either. He wouldn't be here regardless. He doesn't know where they are, remember?" (Y/n) rolled their eyes, sighing through their nose. Their eyes caught a hooded figure, and a smile tugged at their lips. They cleared their throat and forced their resting face, looking around a bit and finding Himiko's signature buns standing by the front door to the complex. They breathed out a quiet sigh, glad that Touya had made the smart decision to bring others with him. They just had to stall a bit longer. "Do we have their base pinpointed yet?" Keigo's voice reminded (Y/n) of the conversation they were supposed to be listening to. "Dammit. Does he seriously not want them back? This is just absurd..." (Y/n) looked around the room, trying to think of a plan, and decided that Keigo needed to be off the phone so that he couldn't give any signal if things went bad.

"Oh shit. I just remembered something," they said loud enough for Keigo to hear. He glanced to them briefly. "That might've been important to mention earlier..." They muttered. Keigo, now paying more attention to (Y/n) than the caller on the other end, pursed his lips and rapped his fingers against his leg impatiently.

"Okay, yeah. Listen, I gotta go. Call me when he shows up or if there's an emergency, understood?" He didn't wait for the person to answer before pulling his phone away from his ear and hanging up. "What's up?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing important. Just talking to myself..." (Y/n) played off, eyes darting around the room to make themselves suspicious. Keigo threw his phone onto the bed, standing and approaching (Y/n).

"None of that. Tell me what you remembered that's so important..."

"It... It's nothing! It's really nothing," they stammered, forcing the anxiety into their voice. They didn't come up with any actual thing that they could use as an excuse, so Keigo would have no choice but to focus on them, thinking that they did. He gripped their wrists, pinning them above their head and pushing them against the wall. He shifted his hands to hold their wrists in one and moved the other to their waist. (Y/n) swallowed hard, eyes shifting side to side as Keigo leaned his face close to theirs.

"You know... I forgot how much I adored you..." He muttered, dipping his head to settle his lips against their neck, leaving soft kisses along their collarbone. (Y/n) tensed, clenching their jaw and trying not to break character. Keigo paused, reaching his hand up to push their shirt away from their shoulder, finding a couple hickeys that Touya had left on them from the night before. "Oh? Are you sure he doesn't care about you?"

"Sex is a really good way to get information out of people."

"You learned that from me." They rolled their eyes.

"It doesn't matter where I learned it from. What matters is that it works. He figured it out pretty quick, actually: that I was using sex to get information out of him. But who would pass up free sex? Not him, clearly." Keigo hummed, running his tongue along their skin, causing them to shiver.

"Do you like that, Love?"

"Fuck you." They jumped when Keigo's teeth bit into their skin and they felt him begin to suck at it. There was nothing they could do. They blinked away their tears and endured.

"I'll replace any memories you made with him with images and reminders of me," he muttered, his hand snaking under their shirt to trace along the scar he had created. "You can't go a day without thinking of me, can you? Perfect." He was suddenly snapped out of his trance at a loud crash. His head whipped around, eyes wide at the figure that now stood in the doorway with his foot up and the door barely on its hinges with a hole straight through it. Without wasting any time, (Y/n) kneed Keigo in the groin, ripping their wrists out of his grip the moment it slipped and shoved him to the ground. Touya clicked the safety off of his pistol, pointing it at the man on the ground.

"They're mine."

Word count: 1457