VIII

"Seriously though... What happened?" It had been about an hour since (Y/n)'s episode, and they were currently sitting next to Touya on his bed. They had a couple of bandages on their head and around their knuckles and the bleeding had stopped, but they were badly shaken up and very unsteady. (Y/n) tried to assure him that they were ok and could take care of themselves, but he refused to leave their side. (Y/n) chuckled at his question.

"A consequence of using my quirk. Because my quirk terrifies others, it comes back to bite me in the ass by terrifying me. It's actually annoying as hell, because my quirk knows how to get into my head. It knows overly specific fears and it kinda calls me out," they answered, scratching the back of their neck awkwardly.

"So like nightmares?" (Y/n) nodded.

"Yeah, kinda. But they're hyper-realistic. I used to stay up for days and even weeks straight because I was horrified of going to sleep. I genuinely can't tell if I'm imagining it or not. It's weird though, I've never woken up injured before... Granted, I go through immense precautions to make sure I don't get hurt even when I can't tell if it's real or not, but that's beside the point. When I started taking Melatonin, it really worked. I quickly figured out that the episodes only happen if I fall asleep naturally, which is why I was so desperate to hit myself over the head with a baseball bat. If you saw the shit I see at night... You'd do the same thing."

"What'd you see earlier?" (Y/n) shook their head.

"I've said enough. I'm supposed to be super secretive, remember?" Touya rolled his eyes. "Now, I gotta ask you a question..."

"I mean, you don't have to. I'd prefer if you didn't, but I know you're probably going to anyways." (Y/n) smirked.

"You know me so well." They stared at each other for a minute or two, before (Y/n) shook their head, staring off at the wall. "I don't understand how you can be so understanding and caring to someone who isn't yourself." Touya was caught off guard by their statement, and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Being a villain doesn't automatically make me selfish. Who are you to talk?" (Y/n) rolled their eyes.

"Not what I meant, asshole. But seriously... You hate everybody and everything, and I think you've made it pretty clear that you do indeed. But you've softened up to me... Even your boss, Hands or whatever, sees it. I know he does because he always sticks his nose into our business only when we're together, and he told me about how you were extremely independent. Either you're lying to everybody else, or you're lying to me." Touya, at a loss for words, stood from his bed and crossed the room to reach the door. Once in front of it, he turned to face (Y/n).

"Ain't nothing wrong with lying, but you're one to talk with your whole 'secretive aura' bullshit. I'll lie to whoever I want whenever the hell I want to, and you can't say shit because you do the same. We're villains, after all." Touya was about to turn to open the door, but a shadow loomed over him and a light thud came against the door. His eyes widened and his heart raced in his chest as he kept his eyes glued to the floor. He didn't even have to look up to know what was happening. (Y/n), using their quirk to make themselves just taller than Touya, now had him pinned against the door.

"Mhm... Avoiding the question isn't gonna work, Touya." A low huff escaped Touya's lips.

"I'm Dabi. Touya's fucking dead. He died years ago. And I'll avoid as many questions as I want."

"Damn you... Stop stealing my tactics, you bitch. I'm actually opening up to you and feeling more comfortable, and you're just pushing me away now. You're denying something, and I wanna know what it is." Touya finally looked up to meet (Y/n)'s gaze.

"Don't stress your quirk. You don't need to be taller than me to intimidate me." (Y/n) hummed, taking Touya's chin between their fingers and tilting his head to the side.