"Well, that's probably not good..." Shigaraki muttered, reading over the note Himiko had handed him. She nodded, rubbing away her tears.

"I can't believe he would just take them away like that... What's his deal anyway?? It definitely seemed like they knew each other." Shigaraki shrugged, setting the note down on the counter and sitting on a stool.

"Not sure, but if anyone knows anything about Karma, it's gonna be Dabi. What did he say he was up to this time again?" Himiko shrugged.

"Probably out robbing a place for some extra cash, if I had to guess," she suggested. Shigaraki hummed, tapping his fingers against the counter anxiously.

"He's been out a while, that's for sure. Didn't even wake Karma to tell them where he was going or offer for them to go with him. It seems like they're always together, y'know? Just seems a little weird to me that the moment he's gone, they get fuckin kidnapped. I told him I didn't want a recruit that needed protection, damn bastard," he spat, clearly annoyed by the situation.

"It wasn't Karma's fault... I mean, he attacked me, not Karma. They just pushed me out of the way to protect me. And... they couldn't really do anything in that situation. They got caught at a bad moment. I'm sure they weren't expecting him to be at some random gas station. I mean, why was he there anyway? Was he following us? Actually, he could've been... I didn't really think about it..." Himiko rambled, getting lost in thought. Shigaraki's tapping abruptly ceased and he turned to face her.

"Who was the hero that attacked you?" She blinked, thinking for a moment.

"Did I not tell you?" Shigaraki shook his head.

"No, you didn't. I didn't even think about it, but I'm a little curious now. Plus, we need to know where to look first," he explained, picking up a glass of water and taking a sip.

"It was Hawks." He choked on his drink, spitting it up into the cup and coughing as he slammed the glass down. He laughed, clearing his throat after a moment and shaking his head. "What?"

"I had a feeling it was that bastard. He used to be a villain, y'know. His parents were villains that got captured when he was a teen, so he raised himself. Got into a lot of trouble, but suddenly switched up out of nowhere and climbed up the hero ranks. He's always been a shady guy to me. I think he and Dabi have some history too, if I remember correctly. Fuck, what's taking that idiot so long??" As if on cue, Touya pushed open the door to the base, his arms smoking. "Don't tell me you overdid it. We need you." Touya shrugged, grunting in response and walking to his room.

"Figure it out yourself. I've got shit to do," he grumbled, pushing open his door. "Where's (Y/n) at?"

"Alright, smartass. Tone it down a notch, will ya? That's why we need you. Get your ass over here," Shigaraki said, turning to face the man. Touya sighed, shutting the door and approaching Shigaraki.

"What seems to be the problem..." He spoke, unenthused.

"This." Shigaraki passed the note to Touya, who looked it over, eyes wide.

"Well fuck. Who sent this? And how?" Shigaraki prodded Himiko's shoulder, and she spoke up.

"Well, I asked Karma if they'd come to the gas station with me to pick up some drinks because I was running low... As I walked out, I was suddenly attacked, but they pushed me out of the way before anything could happen. I got up and tried to stab the guy, but I was grabbed from behind. I struggled for a while, but eventually he knocked me out. I woke up with this in my hand..." Touya nodded, pursing his lips and setting the note down on the counter.

"And when did this happen?" Himiko thought for a minute.

"About four hours ago now," she answered.

"Not great odds, but I'm willing to bet they're still alive. Do you know who it was, by chance?" Touya asked, picking at his nails as he thought about destroying the fuck out of whoever decided it was okay to mess with what was his.