IV

"(Y/n)! I didn't think you were due in today... Did John call you in to pick up an extra shift? We're always dead Sunday mornings..." (Y/n) smiled at the girl in front of them. Her name was Celine, and she was short with long blonde hair and hazel eyes. She stared curiously over her thick-framed glasses as she cleaned a glass behind the bar. She was young, and fairly new to the working environment, only being hired four months beforehand. Despite that, she and (Y/n) got along rather well. They didn't work together often, since Celine usually worked as a waitress for the tables rather than a bartender. Plus, she usually worked mornings; meanwhile, (Y/n) worked nights.

"Nope. I was actually wondering if he was in," they said, glancing around at the nearly empty tavern. Celine frowned and shook her head, putting the glass down and approaching the counter.

"Unfortunately not... He isn't due in until two. Whatever you need to tell him, you can tell me, and I'll pass the message to him when he gets here!" (Y/n) smiled with a nod.

"Thanks... I'm actually quitting..." They said, their smile quickly turning to a frown as they slid their folded uniform across the counter. Celine gasped, her eyes wide, and she shook her head.

"No way! You can't quit! What will the night crew do without you? You're the best bartender on the team and everybody knows it!!" She blurted. (Y/n) chuckled, scratching the back of their neck.

"Well... That's nice that they like me, I guess... But I found work elsewhere with a better pay-rate and a really good environment, and I feel like I'd be better suited there," they explained. Celine frowned, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Hmph. You better come back and visit us sometime, then..." She trailed off, looking (Y/n) up and down. "Hey, those aren't your clothes..." She gasped, her hand flying over her mouth. "Don't tell me it's that guy you were with last night..." (Y/n)'s eyes widened and they quickly shook their head.

"No, no! These are some of my older clothes that I haven't worn in a while. He... He was the one who offered me the job... But I'm assuming everybody's gossiping about it?" She nodded, tapping her fingers on the counter.

"I've heard so many rumors about him... I'd love to see what he looks like for myself! Is he single?" (Y/n) laughed.

"Yeah, but he's not interested in dating at the moment. Trust me, I asked for the sake of the night crew. They were going wild, I swear," they said with a chuckle. Celine nodded with a wide smile.

"Nobody's shutting up about him! If you were in the group chat on Snap... Boy, oh boy. Levi's been obsessing over him!" They giggled.

"Well, it's Levi we're talking about..." The two stood in a calm, reminiscent silence for a few moments.

"Everybody's gonna miss you, you know..." (Y/n) nodded.

"I'm gonna miss everybody, too. But, I think it's time I put myself first and do what I think is right," they said, smiling as they took one last glance around the tavern.

"I support that whole-heartedly! You take care, (Y/n). Seriously. I'll let John know when he comes in. Please come and visit sometime?" (Y/n) smiled at Celine one last time.

"Definitely." And with that, they said their goodbye to the few people working, and left the tavern. They walked a little down the road, finding Dabi sitting on a bench outside a shop on the strip. He looked up as they approached, standing and pulling up his hood.

"Everything go ok?" (Y/n) smiled.

"Easily. You're really lucky that I was willing to do that for you. Everyone who was working last night knows what you look like. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them even took pictures of you." He chuckled.