Chapter 9: Determination

--------Shidou POV--------

---A few minutes ago---

"Are you ready, Shidou?"

Hearing Kotori's question, Shidou looked up at the main screen one last time.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself.

Shidou looked at Kotori with determined eyes, and clenched fists.

"I'm ready!"

Kotori nodded with a wry smile.

her smile wasn't as confident as before, but that was enough to let him know that she was feeling nervous.

No matter how strict Kotori commander-mode is, how can she abandon her Onii-chan.

Looking at his little sister, Shidou replied with a smile and gently patted Kotori's head.

"Everything will be okay."

Shidou spoke softly to Kotori as he patted her head.

Surprised by Shidou's action, Kotori's face quickly turned red like her hair color.

But at that moment, Reine spoke up.

"Shin, hurry up and go to the teleportation platform, we'll get you as close to Rimuru as possible within a safe distance."

"Ah, thank you, Reine," Shidou said, quickly moving to the teleport platform.

---At the present---

The plan has been carried out.

Shidou was teleported right in front of Rimuru causing her to be wary of him.

In front of his eyes right was a girl wearing an outfit with the dominant white color that stand out from the surrounding battlefield.

Her silver-blue hair swayed slightly in the wind and her golden eyes seemed to shine in the middle of the night.

Her eyes weren't as innocent as they were in the morning.

Rimuru now looked like a predator in a state of alertness and watching its prey.

He knew that if she thought he was with the AST and against her, it would be difficult to believe him.

But there's still a chance.

Shidou bit his lip to suppress his anxiety as he stepped forward.

Rimuru, while still looking at him with expressionless eyes, opened her mouth.

"What do you want?"

Her words were not harsh, and her attitude was quite relaxed.

---But Shidou still felt a suffocating pressure.

If Rimuru wanted to, Shidou's head could disappear at any moment.

This girl could kill Shidou with ease--- he had seen enough to understand that.