Chapter 8: Realized

--------Shidou POV--------

A blinding light illuminated the sky.

The sky was quickly covered by the white of that light.

Inside <Fraxinus>, everyone was tense as they saw that deadly light getting closer and closer.

Just a few seconds ago, Rimuru was fighting the AST, Kotori ordered to retreat, and then---

As if knowing Kotori's intentions, Rimuru attacked the <Fraxinus> airship.

Every crew member on <Fraxinus> didn't anticipate the attack but they didn't have time to be surprised.

Kannazuki quickly gave orders to the crew.

"Create Protect Territory at 5 o'clock, coordinates 132- 50-39. Radius 255-246!"

""---Roger!""

In response to Kannuzuki's command, the crew quickly hit the console.

The Territory around the <Fraxinus> transformed, it condensed into Kannazuki's instructed direction and radius, and an invisible wall was constructed.

The invisible wall protecting <Fraxinus> was formed just before the beam of light approached the ship.

And in the next moment---

A huge explosion rang out, accompanied by an intense flash of light that rendered every screen on the airship nothing but white.

The entire <Fraxinus> was shaken violently, with a 'rumbling' sound like an earthquake.

Shidou fell on his back because of the violent shaking and used his hand to cling to the seat that Kotori was sitting on to avoid hitting his head.

He reflexively closed his eyes and waited for the shaking to end.

As the shaking stopped, the crew's voices resounded throughout the control room.

"---The Territory in front is reduced by 40%!"

"The loss suffered was insignificant."

After a while, Shidou regained his balance and stood up.

Next to him, Kotori, Kannazuki, and Reine looked unaffected. They didn't take their eyes off the monitor screen.

"Looks like she won't let us leave here."

Kotori muttered

Shidou could sense the seriousness of the situation from Kotori's voice.

The entire control room was silent except for the crew's working sound. Everyone is focusing their attention on what happens next.

On the main screen, the AST continued to attack Rimuru.

Some of their members including Origami had switched to melee weapons.

The battle continued as the AST forced Rimuru to pay attention to them.

Even though Rimuru was busy with the AST, the last attack seemed to say that she wouldn't let them run away.