Chapter 1: The Sealed Spirit

After the mysterious girl said "<Ain Soph Aur>! (Sanctuary of All Things In Creation)"

A huge flower appeared. And at the center of that flower, a figure of the girl seemed to be praying with her hands clasped.

--------Rimuru POV--------

The girl, whose name was "Mio Takamiya", was smirking at Rimuru.

Behind her, there is a distorted halo embedded with ten stars.

"BLOOM!" her voice rang out.

And right after that, Rays of light were emitted from the flower, and Rimuru sensed danger from those rays.

Rimuru doesn't know what those lights do but he wouldn't want to get hit by them.

Quickly using thought acceleration, Rimuru starts dodging.

But Rimuru was confused, he seemed slower than usual and he's actually struggling to dodge some of the rays of light.

Even with thought acceleration, the light was still moving very quickly, making dodging difficult for Rimuru.

<What is happening, i should have easily dodged these rays of light..> Rimuru screamed internally.

The light from the flower gradually spread and reached Rimuru, but---

.

.

Did nothing happen?

Rimuru was confused but he didn't show any panic and calmly handled the situation.

Since Rimuru hadn't launched an attack yet, Ciel was currently analyzing the individual, "Mio Takamiya' in front of him and will come up with a strategy soon.

Rimuru turns his gaze towards her.

She just stared at Rimuru when she saw Rimuru was unharmed by the ray of lights.

Rimuru could see that she was surprised.

Taking advantage of her surprise, Rimuru charged at her as fast as he could, and when he was close enough, Rimuru unleashed a slash at her body.

She noticed that Rimuru was coming closer, She reacted and stepped back to dodge Rimuru's slash.

But Rimuru was still fast enough to slash her, but only managed to damage her dress.