Chapter 7: Chaos

--------Origami POV--------

At present, Origami was standing with Captain Ryouko and waiting for orders to be acted upon.

While the Defense Minister and the Chief of the General Staff were still meeting to discuss the action, Origami could only wait.

In the meantime, Origami could feel an uneasy feeling inside her.

Even though she didn't show it, she was very stressed.

This wasn't her first time-fighting Spirits, but Origami was nervous.

Last time, the AST team had ambushed <Princess>

And at that time...

Origami's bullet hit Shidou...

---If Shidou didn't suddenly push that spirit out of the bullet's trajectory.

The bullet that Origami fired-wouldn't have hit Shidou.

Just remembering that was enough to make Origami's fingers tremble.

If it weren't for Captain Ryouko, she would've died in the wrath of <Princess>.

After that, Origami did not stop blaming herselt for killing the person she loved.

But-----

The next day, the person Origami thought was dead suddenly appeared in the classroom as if nothing had happened.

Even though Origami could see irregularities, she didn't care.

But now, once again.

Shidou was walking with another Spirit.

But this time is not as simple as last time.

This time it wasn't just a single shot from the <Cry Cry Cry> anti-spirit rifle, but an energy beam from the D.E.M satellite.

D.E.M., the company that produces the equipment for AST to fight off the spirits.

After JGSDF tells D.E.M. about <Destroyer>. They took a great interest in it and give JGSDF a hand.

No matter how, Shidou was still safe after Origami's shot, but this time---

The JGSDF decided to destroy it on a large scale.

The aftermath will then be covered up with a 'military training'.

Origami could now only wait in the hope of canceling the order to attack.

At this moment, a small noise came from Ryouko's ears.

"This is the alpha point, and the final decision is..."

Ryouko spoke and paused for a moment as if waiting for the next sentence to come out of it.

The noise continued, but Origami couldn't hear their conversation, so she could only watch and wait.

And after a while, Ryouko spoke up.

"Understood!"

Ryouko said and disconnected from the communication device.

After a moment of silence, Ryouko turned to the entire AST team and announced.

"We have the order to attack, D.E.M satellite will fire after a minute! All Team members prepare"

"Roger!"

The AST team members spoke at the same time except for Origami.

Origami felt like all her strength had left her body.