Chapter Thirty Seven

I want you to be your light, baby. You should be your light.

Jimin sang quite audibly while he was in the kitchen trying to bake walnut brownies for his precious soulmate, Taetae, who was apparently at home today.

Jimin finally had a day off and wanted to do something special for his little Taetae and spend some quality time with him. He kept humming and mixing the cocoa powder as someone cleared his throat behind him.

Jimin got startled and turned around to see a smiley Yoongi staring at him.

"Oh, Yoongi hyung? Do you need something?" Jimin asked as he looked away from Yoongi's fond gaze.

"No, I just came to drink some water and take a few tangerines with me to my room." Yoongi replied as he saw how fidgety Jimin looked.

"Oh, you want some other snack?" Jimin asked as Yoongi shook his head.

"You carry on, don't mind me." Yoongi said as Jimin nodded his head and was about to turn around but Yoongi suddenly caught his arm.

"H-Hyun-"

"When will you finally confess that you love me too, Minnie?" Yoongi asked as his orbs dilated and they looked desperate.

Jimin gulped audibly as Yoongi took a step closer to him and trapped him between his arms and the kitchen counter.

"Minnie, enough now. You know I love you, even though I didn't express it but you know it. And I know you love me too but how long are we just going to pretend to know and not do anything about it?" Yoongi questioned as Jimin finally stared into Yoongi's questioning eyes.

"Then do something about it. I love you. Not from now, from the time I understand what love is, I have only loved you. I love you and will always do but you're so slow. You can't confess I understand but now that I have already confessed, take me out. Do it properly. Make me yours officially." Jimin expressed sincerely and sternly as Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise but soon he started chuckling.

"So you just needed a confrontation to confess? But thank you, my precious, I love you so much more, for years now. It has always been you. I'll take you out on a date tonight, be ready okay?" Yoongi mumbled as he leaned in a little and placed a small feather-like peck on Jimin's nose.

Jimin's breath hitched and his cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. He didn't dare to look up into Yoongi's eyes anymore as Yoongi laughed a little looking at the shy male in front of him.

"Now get back to your brownies, I'll see you tonight, my love." Yoongi whispered near Jimin's lips as Jimin obediently nodded his head, gulping to himself.

Yoongi looked at his precious Minnie for a second more and then left the kitchen almost feeling giddy and smiling to himself.

He can't wait for tonight.

On the other hand, Jeongguk was working on a file about one of his business partners but he was confused how there were not many interactions between the CEO-his baby-and the business partner.

He frowned because at least every three months they have a meeting to discuss the progress of work, if not anything important.

Now, who will tell Jeongguk that his dearest baby had been postponing and cancelling meetings left and right just so that he can come back home and spend time with him.

He closed the file and walked towards his baby's room knowing his baby is at home because he heard Jimin hyung talking about baking brownies for him.

Jimin hyung really spoils my baby. Thank God, my baby chose me to fall in love and not Jimin hyung because he seriously is a strong competitor.