It seemed kind of illogical. So they had delayed in announcing my arrival. I had only gotten to the castle yesterday. Most of my own kingdom didn't even know about my return.

Mikayla hesitated. "T-That is not what they will see as a betrayal, princess there are some things -"

The door swung open and Mikayla immediately kept quiet.

Trina stood there. Now in the uniform she had been wearing when I first met her.

She glanced at Mikayla who suddenly looked guilty. But she didn't say anything, instead, she looked at me and nodded.

"King Joash is ready for you, your majesty."

I looked at Mikayla wanting to continue pressing her for more answers. She's the only one who seemed to be giving them them to me after all but the look on Trina's face told me this wasn't a meeting to be late for.

"Will you be coming?" I asked Mikayla.

Mikayla opened her mouth to speak but it's Trina's voice that I heard.

"No, this is a private meeting, your majesty."

"Oh." I spoke. "Then I shall see you later?"

I hoped the look I gave Mikayla told her that my statement wasn't really a question but more of a plea.

She nodded and gave a curtsey. "Of course, my princess." Her voice was shaky.

I looked towards the door and found Trina giving her a stern look.

She turned back to look at me, her expression neutral.

"Shall we, your grace?" She spoke, gesturing out the door.

I smoothed out my beige dress. It was a simpler, more comfortable one with leather belts for detailing. Even though it was more toned down,  it was still a masterpiece if you paid close attention.

Apparently it had been made by an Earth Kingdom seamstress.

I could see how that made sense. The earth kingdom prides itself in its manual labour. Their ability to do work with their hands. Farming, livestock, timber, mining you name it.

They have the richest resources and the most fertile land. So of course they're the strongest Kingdom economically as well and the people lack nothing.

We learnt about the Earth kingdom's __ in --

I made my way out of the door.

Trina immediately started walking ahead of me.

"You should not be asking Mikayla too many questions. If you ask her one wrong one, you get her in a heapload of trouble." She spoke.

"Well she seems to be the only one giving me answers." I responded.

Trina suddenly stopped walking and spun around. "I mean it, Princess." She spoke a bit more sternly. "Mikayla isn't used to working for royals but I am. And I know they never get in trouble for their mistakes, we do. Because as your attendants, we're supposed to keep you safe and keep you from doing stupid things. But they're some things that are way out of our jurisdiction. So if you have questions that could cost us our jobs, keep them to yourself or better yet, ask Aiden or Azura."

Once again, it struck me how much of a straight shooter Trina was.

I was rendered silent for a minute. I didn't want to get Mikayla in trouble. I didn't want to get anyone in trouble.

But what was so scandalous about what I had asked Mikayla? Did Trina even hear the question?

All I wanted were answers and no one seemed to be giving them to me.