They stop kissing and just look at each other's face. Taehyung breaks the silence between them. He gently touches the alpha's face. Jungkook holds his hand and brings it to his lips, kissing it. "Why did you disappear after my 5th birthday? Did you get mad at me because I ran away?"

"No, my heart I would never get mad at you." Jungkook kissed his cheek and his expression turned into a serious one. "I lost my memories after my wolf took over to protect you. My parents hid it from me and we moved to Busan probably because they wanted to separate us. T-they want me to mate that kid you saw on your birthday when we were five."

Taehyung pulled himself away from Jungkook. "Y-you have a mate?"

"No, my heart. Our parents are forcing us to mate because of some hoax prophecies. I will never mate anyone that's not you. My wolf and I only want you. You're the only one for us." Jungkook embraced him again.

"But how did you remember me? You were adamant earlier that you don't know me, so how?" Taehyung questioned.

"It was my wolf again, it's very protective of you that it can't bear to see you cry. He took over and suddenly we regained our memories."

Taehyung's heart skipped at that. He pressed his nose on the alpha's neck, taking a whiff of his cinnamon scent. Suddenly, his stomach growled.

"Looks like my heart is hungry. Come on Taetae, let's have dinner." Jungkook intertwined their fingers as they exited the playground and walked towards the alpha's car.

"Kookie, where are we going?" Taehyung asked after a few minutes of them driving on the road.

"We're going to my house. I'll cook dinner for you."

"But what about your parents? Wouldn't they get mad if you bring home an omega who isn't the one they've chosen for you?" Taehyung felt a sudden tightness in his chest just by thinking that Kookie's parents won't approve of him for their son.

Jungkook sensed the omega's sadness. He gently holds his hand and squeezes it lightly. "Don't worry, Taetae. We're not going to my parents' house. I have a penthouse nearby, that's where we're heading now. And even if my parents don't approve of you, I will still choose you."

Taehyung's heart warmed at that and gave Jungkook a quick peck on his cheek.

They reached the penthouse. Jungkook told Taehyung to settle in the living room and rest while he cooks their dinner.

Jungkook cooked mak-guksu for them

Jungkook cooked mak-guksu for them. Taehyung was surprised because the dish is delicious and the alpha made sure that it isn't too spicy. It seems that there are a lot of things that he doesn't know about the alpha.

After dinner, Jungkook led Taehyung to his bedroom. He gave the omega some clean clothes to wear and told him to freshen up in the bathroom. The omega obliged and entered the bathroom.

Jungkook can't help but feel proud upon seeing his omega wearing his clothes. Taehyung's face flushed as he noticed the alpha staring intently at him. Jungkook approached him and gently cupped his cheek. He leaned and claimed Taehyung's lips again. He can't get enough of the omega's lips. His wolf is whining as it wants to claim the omega now. But he knows they can't do that yet. He wanted to do things right. He wants to treat the omega the way he deserves. He wants to court him.

They pulled away from the kiss. Jungkook rested his forehead onto Taehyung's. "Do you want to sleep now?"

"Uh, I will have to text uncle Hojin and tell him that I will stay the night at a friend's house." Taehyung took his phone from his bag and messaged his uncle.

"Oh, am I your friend? You should introduce me properly." Jungkook joked, smiling widely at the blushing male.

Taehyung lightly slapped his tattooed arm. "I can't tell him that I'm spending the night with you."

"It's okay my heart as long as you call me 'boyfriend' we're good. By the way, up until now, I only know you as Taetae. What's your real name?"

"Lee Taehyung, my name is Lee Taehyung and I finished a business administration course. I'm a barista at a cafe, but I'm also applying for another job with my qualifications. How about you? I also don't know your full name." Taehyung asked as they cuddled on the king size bed.

"Jeon Jungkook, I'm the CEO of Jeon's Corporation, so if you need a job just tell me my heart and I'll hire you right away." The alpha showered him with kisses on his face.

Taehyung giggled at Jungkook. "Thank you Kookie but I want to get the job because of what I know and not who I know."

Jungkook's heart swells with pride, his Taetae is really one of a kind. He pulled him closer and draped his hand over the omega's waist. And for the first time in sixteen years, both slept peacefully with a content smile on their lips.

💎🐰🐯💎

The mates are finally together. Will their happiness last? Or someone will try to ruin it?📿