Chapter 260: Eventful (2)

Start from the beginning

"Anywhere is fine if it's where the senior tells me to."

"Even if I tell you to wait at the mansion, will you wait?"

"Yes."

Oh my goodness. I covered my face with one hand in the overwhelming confusion.

I've always known that I'm at the center of the accident for Cherry. But dealing with it is quite frustrating.

Honestly, waiting at the mansion is the most realistic and acceptable option. Anyway, the role of the guide will only be effective until lunchtime, and personal time will be given to me afterward.

Also, the highlight performance will take place after dinner, so it can be considered a compromise in its own way.

'Is it really okay...'

I looked at Cherry with a complicated expression. Cherry blinked slowly as I stared silently, then tilted her head.

I feel eerie at her reaction, like a doll without any emotions.

Anyway, I invited her to the exhibition, so leaving her like this is definitely not a good idea. Finally, I sighed and opened my mouth.

"Until I find you, explore the exhibition. If there's anything dangerous, immediately ask for help from the guards. Understand?"

"Yes."

"I'm urging you not to go to remote areas under any circumstances. And also..."

Out of concern for potentially encountering something unpleasant, I had earnestly advised Cherry. Whether Cherry was actually listening to me or just staring blankly, I couldn't tell, but she remained silent, only blinking her eyes.

It's true that I feel uneasy about various things, but I can't forgive leaving her at the mansion abandoned. For the sake of her motivation, it's a good idea to participate in the exhibition. That's why I invited Cherry in the first place.

Finally, just as my admonishment was almost finished, Cherry unexpectedly spoke up.

"Oh, by the way, Senior."

"Yeah?"

"Did you know that my father is also coming to the exhibition?"

"What?"

I widened my eyes as Cherry revealed an unexpected fact. When she mentioned "father," it implied that the Roseberry family was coming. The Roseberry family, being a viscount family, wielded considerable influence even within the Minerva Empire. Attending the exhibition to cultivate connections wasn't out of the ordinary.

It seemed they were putting aside any resentment regarding the Xenon affair and attending for political reasons. It's unexpected yet not entirely surprising.

However, one question arises unrelated to that.

"Did he inform you through a letter?"

"Yes."

"And he said he wouldn't bring you?"

"Yes."

"Well, that's... odd."

Does everyone have a trash-like father? But when I see only her father lurking around, does that mean mother doesn't attend?"

"Your mother?"

"She passed away a long time ago."

"...Sorry."

I said something unnecessary. Trying to avoid mentioning family matters as much as possible only ended up causing a major disaster.