Zenitsu Ending

It was cloudy day as zenitsu and (y/n) walk together back to his hometown where his grandpa is. The yellow-haired male has a solemn expression as he trudges through the dirt road. He assumed his grandpa was dead and now he has to bury him.

In reality, he was alive! (y/n) told him not to say a word in order to surprise him when he comes back. Cruel? Maybe. But she wants to see his reaction.

"....my grandpa was a good man." zenitsu began, looking ahead of him as he suddenly speaks to (y/n), breaking the silence between them, "back at the infinity castle, when i fought kaigaku, i was upset and angry how he insulted grandpa, whom gave his all to teach us and help us become good swordsmen."

"...zenitsu," (y/n) looks at him sadly. He truly loves his grandpa a lot.

The yellow haired man continues, sparing her a reassuring glance, although the gloss in his eyes says otherwise. He sniffles, "my grandpa died a painful death...he slit his own stomach but had no know to finish the ritual and he bleed to his death. He doesn't deserve that..!" He cries, tears finally sliding down his face.

(y/n) pats his back comfortingly, "aww, zenitsu. I am so sorry!" she really likes his grandpa. He was cute and smelled of nature and sake. old people vibes...

The two soon arrive at his hometown and zenitsu trudges on without casting a glance to the villagers. He and the foreign girl first climb the hills to reach the small house where his grandpa resided in. The yellow-haired male expected a desolate and unkept place but was shocked to see it was perfectly maintained.

zenitsu stops in his tracks, frozen as he watches wide eyed as his grandpa emerges from the door, ALIVE. His heart stuttered in his chest, pounding rapidly and he stumbles back, "g-grandpa..." he whispers shakily, tears clouding his vision. How is this possible?? He got a letter from the kasugai crow saying he died!! So how is he alive?!

The old man notices the presence of two people and moves his gaze towards them, widening them for a moment before they soften, "..zenitsu.."

"........G-GRANDPA!!!!" zenitsu runs to him, embracing him tightly as he cries, holding onto him as his tears and snot make a mess on his face. The old man holds back his own tears as he rubs his student's back up and down, patting it.

(y/n) felt emotional from the scene, wiping her own tears.

After thirty minutes has passed the trio went inside the home. The atmosphere was all light and feathery as everyone calmed down from their heightened emotions.

"it's been a while, old man." (y/n) grins cheekily as she sits next to zenitsu, the two of them sat opposite of his grandpa who laid out tea for them before plopping down on the tatami mat.

wait, what?? zenitsu looks between his grandpa and (y/n), head moving back and forth repeatedly, confusion on his face, "...eh?? you know each other??!" He gapes. when was this!!? how come (y/n)-chan didn't tell me!??

(y/n) nods eagerly, happy to see the old man, "yup!! I met him a while back before i even met you! He is such a lovely old man despite not understanding me back then!!" she giggles, finding the situation humorous.

zenitsu's grandpa pats her head, ruffling her soft locks, "i see you learned japanese," the foreign girl bobs her head up and down excitedly, "now i can finally hold a conversation with you! hohohoho!!" He laughs heartily.

The yellow haired male was still confused as he slowly nods, trying to understand. He looks at his grandpa, "..grandpa.." the old man looks at him, "how are you alive?? i thought you committed seppuku!! a received a letter in the mail!!" He shot question after question.