20: Upper Moon Three

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

As (y/n) holds enmu; whom was in bliss being in her arms, she was loudly shouting for her friends/brother, "rui!! tanjiro!! inosuke!! kyojuro!!" She sighs, her chest heaving up and down. She spotted someone in the distance lying on the ground and she rushes up to them, seeing the familiar checkered pattern haori. She leans down, releasing one hand and resting it on tanjiro's head, "tanjiro!! are you alright??" She worriedly asks, scanning his body and seeing the wounds scattering his form.

The burgundy-haired male was about to say something when his eyes shot open from seeing lower moon one staring blankly at him in the arms of (y/n). He quickly gets up, backing away to find his sword as he yells panicked, "(Y/N)!! GET AWAY FROM HIM, HE MIGHT KILL YOU!! THAT'S A TWELVE KIZUKI!!" He coughs loudly, hacking up blood as he clutches his chest in pain. Shit, he was out of strength and now he can't protect the (h/c)-ette!!

enmu gazes at him amusedly, snuggling close to the foreign girl's body as he chuckles, "you poor boy, how sad~." He watches confused as the (h/c)-ette places her hand on the center of tanjiro's body and his wounds begun closing, making the lower moon widened his eyes at the scene. Ara?

The kamado boy soon breathes out slowly, his lungs clear. He fluttered his eyes open, "..arigato, (y/n)..." he sends her a faint smile, reaching up to cup her cheek in his roughened ones, surprising her by the sudden display of affection but she welcomed it, "i'm glad you're alright. I was worried about you even though i knew you can take care of yourself. I don't know what i would've done if something happened to you..." He quietly says, caressing the apple of her cheek gently before slowly letting his hand down.

"tanjiro.." (y/n) breathes out stunned. She still felt his warmth. It made her skin tingle. What was that feeling..?

tanjiro's eyes then drift to enmu, looking cautiously at him as if he were going to put him back in a dream.

The foreign girl relaxes her shoulders, "...i know what you're thinking, but enmu is on our side now, surprisingly." She says, making tanjiro's eyes blown wide in disbelief. Is she serious? After everything he's done?? He suddenly turned tail and goes to the good side? Highly unbelievable yet as his eyes slowly move to the lower moon in miniature size, he realizes that he wasn't even attacking! He merely slumps his little body against (y/n), making him grit his teeth at how casual he looks.

"you must be joking!! Him?! After all the lives he taken?? After he played with people's deepest and most personal dreams!?" tanjiro argues, he cannot simply forgive him just like that. No way!!

(y/n) sighs, hand on enmu's head. Of course, she was expecting this type of reaction, "i know it does sound implausible, yet here he is. I know the hashira is gonna have a hard time yet again accepting another demon in their midst as they did with rui," she pauses, "but think of it this way, how many demons do you see out there that are willing to come on our side? Personally, i feel like this is an advantage we have." She explains so simply, making tanjiro stare with his jaw slacked at her reasoning.

It was true. No other demon cared enough for redemption let alone siding with humans. Everything started changing the moment (y/n) appeared. It was like she has tipped the scales between humans and demons.

"NEE-SAN!!" rui came running to her, ignoring enmu for the moment as he clutches onto her clothes tightly. He was worried about her when the train suddenly derailed from its track. He has been looking for her for about a good ten minutes. His eyes then glare at lower moon one, both demons staring each other down in their small forms. How cute...

Before any of them can say anything, they all heard a light thud behind them and turned their eyes to see the flame hashira; rengoku! His unblinking eyes land on the demon in (y/n)'s arms and quickly puts a hand on the hilt of his sword, but the foreign girl quickly refutes him.