12: Training

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

It's been a few days at the demon slayer HQ's when (y/n) was called to the ubuyashiki's household in the wee hours of mid-day. She was brought to a room where she was sat patiently, looking around absentmindedly, wondering what the master wanted. Her attention was brought to the door as it slid open. Entering inside was the leader of the demon corps himself.

"greetings, (y/n)." He sat down as his kids left them alone. He smiles, hands resting peacefully on his lap. On the small wooden table separating them were two cups of tea smoking hot.

"hey." She replies back, adjusting herself to sit criss-cross, "sooo....what did you want to talk about??" She tilts her head to the side, looking at oyakata with curiosity.

oyakata smiles, "..when you left mount natagumo with rui, i couldn't help but think you were running away from me." He says, causing (y/n) to widen her eyes at his assumption, "when i sent kyojuro and iguro to retrieve you, they informed me you did put up an argument, which brings me to my conclusion that you were evading from meeting me." He points out, making the girl avert her eyes anxiously.

(y/n) knew oyakata was smart and clever in his own way. So it shouldn't surprise her that he figured it out...and also the hashira told him too. She did not deny it either. She did avoid the meeting with him because mainly she was concerned with rui what his status would be and because she was trying to figure out what she was gonna do after.

The (h/c)-ette clears her throat, "i wasn't avoiding you!" She laughs anxiously, "i just...i just had a lot on my mind at the time." She half spoken the truth.

oyakata chuckles, "i see." He drinks some of the tea that was left on the table, "(y/n)...i would like to know more about you." He smiles softly, making her confused but his statement was understandable considering she was an enigma and he was probably trying to get to know her more.

(y/n) purses her lips. She obviously can't tell anyone that she is from another universe and that she died. Nor can she mention that they are actually characters. So she decided to stick to the basic introductions, "well, my full name, as you know is (l/n) (y/n), but i prefer to be called (y/n). I am eighteen years old and not from japan nor born here." She reveals, her accent definite as she speaks the japanese language.

oyakata sighs with a smile, "i had an inkling you were foreign during the trial. You have an accent when you talk which is unfamiliar. English. I am adequate in understanding it but speaking it is totally problematic for me." He says, pausing for a moment as a brief silence passes through the room, "...(y/n)...can you please tell me about your abilities? My crows have only explained the bare minimum but i would like to hear in depth what you can do." He politely asks her. He hoped he wasn't being too nosy or inquisitive.

(y/n) hums offhandedly, "of course! It's not really a big secret i just choose not disclose such information." She adjusts herself on the tatami mat, "hmm...let's see," she ponders while oyakata sits patiently, "i have the ability to control any living and non-living being, which actually helped me in protecting myself from demons since i did not have a nichirin blade. My second power is healing. I can heal anything that is incurable." She says, her last words make oyakata's eyes shine.

oyakata smiles, "it amazing what you can do, (y/n). I am glad to have you on our side in this fight against our biggest enemy; kibutsuji muzan." He honestly believed that she was the winning ticket to their victory. He did not know what it was, but he had a strong gut feeling that things were going to change and it will be world-changing.

(y/n) laughs, waving her hand dismissively, "oh, you're too modest." She then calms down, looking at the master. Her eyes drift to his illness/curse and she wonders if she can use her healing powers to cure him. He is such a nice man and to see him suffer like this was honestly heartbreaking, "oyakata-sama?" He hums, making (y/n) bite her lip, "erm...i would like to try my healing powers on you, if you don't mind..."