10: Rui

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

when (y/n) reached tanjiro, she hadn't expected to see nezuko strung up in the air by the threads, all bloody and cut all over. Tanjirō was in worse shape. The boy had lacerations and cuts all over him.

"i won't ever let you have nezuko!! you can't forge a bond based on fear and control!" tanjiro shouts at the demon, breathing heavily, his sword broken.

"tanjiro!..nezuko!" (y/n) screams, catching everyone's attention as she runs into the scene, standing protectively in front of the kamado boy while glaring at rui, despite her love for him, "if you wanna fight someone, fight me!....but i won't let you hurt my friends!"

tanjiro stretches out his hand, wincing and letting out grunts as he looks at (y/n) with worry, "don't! He's a lower moon, (y/n)-chan!! Get out of here!!" He collapses on the ground, his injuries hurting him. He had almost killed the demon with the newly found sun breathing-hinokami kagura but it still wasn't enough!

(y/n) gasps in concern as she see's the state tanjiro is in. He can't fight no more. Gritting her teeth, she faces the spider-demon head-on, her eyes shone with unwavering determination and dedication to protect her friends.

rui widened his eyes as he see's the foreign girl standing defensively in front of the kamado boy. Just like nezuko...he wants her too, "hey..." he calls out in a low tone, trying to catch the (h/c)-ette's attention, but when she wasn't paying attention to him, he clenches his jaw and shoots his threads at her, capturing her, "oi, girl." He narrows his eyes at her.

(y/n) yelps when she felt rui's threads wrap around her, hoisting her in the air a few feet above. She was splayed out in a T formation. She winced as she felt how sharp they were digging into her skin, it hurt.

tanjiro widened his eyes, struggling to stand back up, "(Y/N)-CHAN!! LEAVE HER ALONE!!" He screams at rui. He felt so weak and helpless as he tries to stand back up but the after effects of the hinokami kagura was taking a toll on his body he could barely even move!

rui paid no attention to tanjiro, seeing him as a bug underneath his shoe...or foot..? "neh, girl." rui calls out, "from now on you'll be my big sister." He stares at (y/n), "although, you're a human. So i will turn you into a demon and then you'll truly become part of the family."

(y/n) frowns, looking at rui. She knew he desired the close bonds that a family has and expected family members to perform their respective roles he has given to them. He created this farce in hopes that he will regain his memories.

She knew all about how he treated his fake ass family with means of fear and torture. Yet, she can't fault that on rui because his memories of being a human were dissipated the moment he became a demon so the only way for him to create a family was to do so by unethical means.

(y/n) did not panic. Not when the situation was dire. She softens her eyes, "rui, family bonds should not be forced upon others especially not when you are mistreating them and controlling them with fear. That's not a bond, that's dictation." She murmurs to him in the most leveled-calm voice ever.

"any family member who can't fulfill their roles in protecting me are worthless and as good as dead." rui spoke back, gazing into her eyes.

(y/n) softens her gaze, "rui..." her tone; so gentle, caught the lower moon's attention as he lowers his hands, eyes fixated on hers, "of course i will be your big sister....but," she gives him stern look, "we will do it my way. No turning me into a demon and no eating humans. Those are my terms." She sighs exasperatedly, "you're like the little brother i wished to have." She smiles. I know my talk-no-jutsu will prevail!!!! It has to!!