5: Frosty Upper Moon Two

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

It's been at least two months since (y/n) has arrived in the demon slayer universe and so far, she can say she was on a roll and making good progress. Although, she hadn't met the main characters just yet and only saw upper moon three so far. She was heading into another village and from the looks of it, the people were weird.

choosing to ignore it, she decided to look for lodging! she grins at the owner, "uhm..konichiwa..?? i..stay...bed??" she tried to say she wanted a room but it came out wrong, "shit, i hope i didn't say anything weird..."

"......"

the owner gives her a dubious look, eyeing her up and down with a sinister glint in his eyes. what is this feeling of dread? (y/n) can't help but think as she wanders her eyes around.

The room is chillingly cold. The low temperature lingers in the air, with a sharp sensation brushing (y/n)'s bare skin that causes her to shiver. It felt like it could scrape her.

Something is off.

Or was it just her? Probably. (y/n) tried to focus on the strange man again when she waves off this feeling pestering her core, "i wonder if it's an oni..?" she hadn't realized the word caught the man's attention as he looks at her more intensely, speaking a whole ass summary she did not understand at all.

"...i always dismissed it, but there are times when something is amiss in our village. Some of our women...have been disappearing occasionally," the man began, his blank and emotionless, "late at night, when our windows and doors are locked, there is a faint humming..." the man shuddered in fear as he recalled the haunting memories. "Sometimes at the brightest moonlight, there's a flash of gold coming to our windows." He eerily speaks, eyes boring holes into (y/n)'s (e/c) ones.

"erm....are your trying to tell me something? sorry old geezer, but i don't understand jack shit what you've told me." (y/n) bluntly says, scratching her head confused. The language barrier was totally hard.

The owner of the lodge looks at her confused face and his eyes darken, knowing she was probably one of those foreigner people he heard about but never seen before, but he did pick up on some words here and there from travelers, "you look troubled. Lost, perhaps. Has your paradise been clouded?"

what? (y/n) perked her eyebrow at that. Why does that word sound familiar? "uhm, i don't have a paradise," she then got up, "and something is up with this village and YOU!" She points accusingly at him. The man gulps, has she figured it out??! has he been exposed!?? he couldn't tell!!

(y/n) rushed down the hallways, leaving the man as he yells at her. He was probably trying to make her come back. "oh, fuck no!" She says, leaving the building in a hurry. She thinks the man was working for douma and his cult! He was acting all weird!! A sudden cold fog entered the place and clouded her vision, making her shiver. She needed to yeet herself outta here now and considering its night....

As she was approaching closer to the stairwell, she was stopped by the sound of sauntering footsteps climbing up. (y/n) narrows her eyes, why is it always her facing the strongest of demons!!!?? she just wanted to rest!! was it so hard to achieve something as little as that!?? ugh!!

This person wasn't alarmed in the slightest. Their direction swiftly fixes to (y/n)'s. She internally groans.

A sound of fans flapped open.

Suddenly, the entire hallway rippled with a soft breeze and then the fog lifted. There's this biting cold digging through (y/n)'s clothes, she shivered intensely. Her (e/c) orbs met kaleidoscope eyes staring back at hers.