46: Ubuyashiki

a/n. don't forget to comment and happy readings!! Also, sorry the extremely late update, but yesterday was mother's day and today is a hectic day since my parents are going to be traveling soon!

It was time. (y/n) didn't know how she knew, but she knew it was time. She wanders the infinity castle, looking for muzan despite the many layers it has. She was internally cursing, rushing through the never-ending dimension. shoot, did he already leave!? she better hope he did not! "stupid corridors..!" she mutters under her breath.

the infinity castle was like a maze and there is no guarantee she would find muzan at this rate considering he can be anywhere in this big fortress! the guy is evasive when he wants to be. the (h/c)-ette internally prays to kami-sama and the voice for guidance.

"...c'mon..." (y/n) turns her head back and forth, a frown on her face, "..where are you, michael jackson.." she murmurs, peering her head through the sliding doors and running up and down the halls and stairs, "ugh, what a workout..!" she mutters under her breath.

Just as she was about to give up, she saw muzan and nakime. it was like a ray of sunshine casting down on them as the angels sang. she hid in the corner and slowly creeps up to them. (y/n) heard murmuring which distinctively became clearer.

"....it...time....ubuyashiki....open..."

the atmosphere was tense as the (h/c)-ette waited with bated breath, posture stiff as she was ready to pounce on the moment. just then...the biwa strum was heard. Double sliding doors appear and open as muzan steps out and (y/n) makes a dash for it before nakime can close the doors, shocking the biwa lady from how fast she flew by.

(y/n) dives through the sliding doors as nakime's biwa was heard, narrowly making it through. She tucks and rolls on the ground, muzan was already gone. He was fast for a demon, he means business!

(y/n) hurriedly gets up and dusts her clothes off, taking off in the direction to where the demon slayer HQ were. she knew the hashira were not around during this time and she has to make it!! she knew oyakata was gonna blow up his estate, killing himself, his wife and kids along with it. she has to stop it at all costs!!

"this hero shit...is definitely a killer!!!" (y/n) huffs and pants as she runs, her legs feeling like jelly as she pushes past her limits, "FUCK YOU MUZAN!!!" she yells from the top of her lungs, chest burning with every intake she breathes!

unbeknownst to her, when the (h/c)-ette arrived to the demon slayer world, she had no idea how much had changed.

In the ubuyashiki estate, kagaya was standing alone in this confines of his bedroom where the sliding doors are open revealing the engawa, a nichirin blade in his hand as his face held a serious expression, not a slight tinge of fear at all. I must not falter, all my passion and anger is directed to you...!

standing opposite of him was...his one enemy...muzan kibutsuji, whom was staring him down with his crimson hues, amused by the situation and quite a bit shocked. when he came to ubuyashiki, he expected a sickly man before his eyes, not this...—

The demon king was wondering how kagaya was able to cure the curse he had put on the bloodline, he was wondering how the once ill man was now standing all healthy again. He narrows his eyes suspiciously. Was it....the blue spider lily?!! Did he find it??! No, that doesn't matter anymore. I will absorb nezuko and walk in the sun once more!!!!

"...what is this?" muzan's deep voice reverberated through the empty estate. His overbearing presence creating a dense atmosphere but neither men were fazed by it. The conflict of a lifetime was only just beginning.