14: Mission?

a/n: don't forget to comment and happy readings!!

Of all things (y/n) expected, she did not think oyakata would send her out on a mission so soon with two hashira! Her sword did not even arrive yet! Then again, she wasn't an official demon slayer so the man probably assumed she can handle her own like she's been doing but with obanai and muichirou to accompany her.

Apparently, there was a strong presence of a demon in one the more popular villages. It calls for investigation as it is assumed it could be an upper rank roaming around. The chance to encounter one was an opportunity the demon slayers will not pass up.

(y/n) approaches the two hashira, whom were waiting on her. She smiles at them, "i'm ready." She says, looking at the two men. She left rui with nezuko at the butterfly mansion because she did not feel like lugging around a box on her back!

muichirou glances at her monotonously, "i wonder why oyakata-sama bothered to send you for. We hashira can handle this just fine." Damn, lil dude was blunt asf. He swiftly turns away, making (y/n) sweat-drop. She was certain they thought she was a liability to them.

As (y/n), obanai, and muichirou were running through the fields, she wondered what upper moon it could be. She was really hoping to see akaza again. He was honestly a green flag demon while the other ones were meh...hot...but still meh.

By nightfall, they soon reach the village. It looked similar to asakusa and the entertainment district. Popular for its shops and outstanding activities. The crowd was full with villagers visiting from around. Lanterns were strung up, shops open. It was definitely eye-catching.

obanai glances back at (y/n) sternly, "stay close and don't wander off. We have a job to do." He orders, facing ahead once again with muichirou following. Unfortunately for them, the foreign girl was too distracted by the attractions to hear a word and ended up separating from them (not intentionally, of course).

She looks around amazed, visiting stall to stall and viewing what the shop owners had to offer/sell. She wasn't looking where she was going, so she ended up bumping into someone, causing her to quickly, "i am so sorry!!" (y/n) looks at the person apologetically, seeing it was a female with dark hair in a fancy bun wearing a black kimono. Her crimson eyes bore down at her with no signs of emotion. Her aura screamed dangerous. The woman was familiar but she couldn't put her finger on it.

However, (y/n) did not let that deter her. She gives the woman an apologetic smile, "i am so sorry for bumping into you, it was my fault for being distracted by the shops!" She cheekily says, "it's just i've never been to one of these festival/event type things before, so it's kind of overwhelming!"

The mysterious woman simply narrowed her crimson eyes at the (h/c)-ette, observing her like a bug under a microscope. She was wondering why this human pest was conversing with her as if they were familiar with each other. Nuisance...She was about to walk away when a delectable scent hits her nose, prompting her eyes to go wide as she sniffs the air slyly, darting her eyes back to the (h/c)-ette. Her blood smells...

The woman smiles, tilting her head, "it is alright. Tonight is the lunar event, so it's expected that everyone will be excited." She turns to (y/n), "my name is 'mariko', who might you be?" She curiously asks, slightly narrowing her crimson eyes.

(y/n) did not notice as the two begin slowly walking amongst the crowd, "oh, my name is (y/n)!" She introduces, "again, i apologize for bumping into you. It wasn't my intention! I shall take my leave then!" She goes to leave when 'mariko' stops her.

"wait." 'mariko's' voice got slightly deeper almost manly-like, causing (y/n) to furrow her brows in confusion before the woman cleared her throat, sending her a smile, "why don't we keep each other company? I am here by myself just like you. I hear festivals..or in this case; events, are better enjoyed with other people." She looks at the girl with expecting eyes, as if daring her to disobey.