28: Infinity Castle

a/n: alrighty. I hope this chapter is good, don't forget to comment and happy readings!!!

When (y/n) regained her conscious, she fluttered her eyes tiredly when she felt fingers caressing her head. Her mind was still in a daze and when she finally shakes off the exhaustion, her eyes slowly widen when she finds herself in a room with lotus flowers on the walls and doors, but that wasn't what made her shocked nor bit back a scream..—

The demon king; muzan kibutsuji was sitting near her bedside stroking her head as if she were some kind of pet! It didn't help how sharp his finger nails were. She instantly smacked his hand, earning a deepened frown from him, but she couldn't care less!..."you're awake." His voice was deep and baritone and held a sultry undertone to it, making her shiver.

(y/n) stares wide eyes at him. How the heck did she get here!? everything was finally starting to come back to her. She had offered daki and gyutaro a second chance for redemption and for a second it did look like they were going to accept her offer but at the last second, gyutaro grabbed her by the waist and hauled her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes before he and his sister sprinted from entertainment district and its rubble, leaving behind tanjiro and the others who screamed her name.

After that, she was knocked out completely before she had any time to register what happened.

muzan observes her with a cold look, "it seems you need some time to adjust to your new home." His words caught her attention as (y/n) snaps her head to him with furrowed brows, confusion etched onto her face, "that's right." The demon king stands up with his hands behind his back, taking a few steps around the room, "(y/n) (l/n)," the way he said her name causes her to stiffen, "my soon to be wife, you will never return to those filthy demon slayers ever again. You are mine..."

He turns to her with the most possessive look in his eyes. It scared her..

(y/n) hid her fears and instead of cowering under his crimson gaze, she glares at him, getting off the bed and standing across from him

(y/n) hid her fears and instead of cowering under his crimson gaze, she glares at him, getting off the bed and standing across from him. His eyes were fixated on hers like some hungry animal waiting to devour its prey.

"unfortunately, i don't plan to stick around for those plans of yours!" She remarks and quickly makes a break for it, leaving the room. Stupid? Maybe. But she would rather escape than stay in the room with muzan for another moment. He looked ready to pounce on her and she didn't want to stick around to find out.

She gasps as she sees the infinity castle before her eyes. (y/n) did not let the endless platforms and stairs deter her. She kept on running, but it was definitely as its namesake. Infinity.