Chapter 37

The dagger was meant for me. They meant to kill
Me.

All the sudden Seth was pulling me away, I had to run full speed to keep up.

We turned a corner and we went into a random changing room where he locked the door pulling out his phone, dialing a number.

"Seth-"he cut me off holding up his ginger and putting the phone to his ear. "Hello? Yes. Agent Wolf. I was right, they are targeting her... no. Someone else fell to the trap... I'll keep her under surveillance.... Understood." He hung up.

"Agent Wolf?"I ask.

"My code name"Seth says calling someone else. "Yes? Sir? Our consumptions were correct... no, the other consumption... didn't tell her? Not completely... yes she's with me now..." he turns to me. "He wants to speak to you..."

Slowly I grab the phone, "hello?"

"Lauren?" It was Mr. Robinson. "Are you alright?"

"No cuts or bruises" when I said it I realized my voice was quiet and cracking.

"Your with Seth?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Good. Don't leave his side, this could mean life or death." He sounded serious.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I'll explain everything tomorrow, just stick with Seth until then. Is that understood? This isn't a game."

I let out a shaking breath, "understood..."

"Mind explaining anything?" I ask as the call ended.

"He will tomorrow" Seth says.

"Either I get answers now or your job will become a whole lot harder." I say.

"Is that a threat?" Seth asks.

"It's a promise."

Seth stands there for a second before sighing, "I don't know how much I can tell you, most of this top-secret and I'm not even sure Mr. Robinson should tell you all of it..." he takes a deep breath. " I work for a secret organization. We deal with different acts of terrorism and global threats. Mainly against a special group. The same group that wants you dead... their main focus is to make sure that the lowborn stay lowborn the Highborns stay rich. They believe that's how life should go. even if it means killing innocent kids. Since you were technically in their eyes, a lowborn given power your a threat to what they believe. that's why Mr. Robinson had me come there to become more murders than they usually do. The less scared to become known and that they will start to come to the surface sooner than later..."

He takes a second to think. " we are still trying to find the one in charge for choosing their targets. Otherwise, we keep hitting dead ends... just like you and Amoy..."

"Wait, you've been spying on us?!" I say. He heard everything.

" I'm your bodyguard and supposed to know everything." He says. "anyways I've been keeping track of what you and Amoy have been studying... you guys aren't that far off from figuring it all out..."

"Figuring what out?"

He takes a breath, "that your mom was one of us."

More secrets!!!!!!!!