Chapter 20

After we all settled in, we went to the lunch hall to eat dinner which was packed.

After grabbing some food we find an open table and sit.

Renee and Saliha had hit it off right away talking about how Renne surfs at her home in Australia, and how Saliha does hockey.

I glanced over to Claire every once in a while, who sat quietly in her seat.

Seth sat across from me, barely eating as his eyes scanned the room. My sole mission was to teach him to have fun on this trip.

Later Nick found us and sat down, followed by Will who was apparently associated with Nick. Apparently during joiner high they were both 'forced' (as Nick says) to try cooking class for a quarter so they could, the teachers say 'try new horizons'. Nick was luckily put with Will who's an amazing cook.

"You have to make those scones again"Nick says. Will agreed.

Looking across the room I see Camille, Alora, Vanessa, Visha, and the blond girl I still have yet to know the name of. There was also a dark brown haired girl I didn't know the name of.

They all took their trays to a table and ate. Then I noticed Meilin among them, smiling and chatting.

A slight ping of sadness hit me when I saw her with them and not us

A slight ping of sadness hit me when I saw her with them and not us. She was my first friend here after all...

Then 'the boys' walked in. Luke in the front as usual. People turned to watch, sadly I was one of them.

Aren walked with them this time, speaking to Ben. Max also was with them, laughing.

They got food and walked to an empty table which had been empty in the middle of the room.

They all sat and chatted quietly, the room slowly returning to its normal volume.

I then realized I was starring and looked away.

—————

After dinner we all were given the choice to roast smores or go to bed. Lights out at 12:30.