Chapter 1

"Lauren... Lauren!" My aunt calls my name, making me snap out of my daze. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Your father, who has just passed away about it a month ago has left you in his will." The man says. He reminded me of one of those guys that would be in a movie about the president or something. With his black and white suit and brief case he'd be hired right away.

"What exactly did he leave?" My aunt asks.

"If Ms. Baker chooses to accept, she will not only get his house, but his company and 50 billion dollars." The man says.

Me and my aunt go silent. Pinch me!!!! 50 million dollars?!??? What was my dad?!?? A billionaire?!?!??!??!! The way my aunt and mom describe him, I imagined him a homeless guy with no care in the world.

I was about to ask if it was a joke when my aunt said, "my sister's ex-husband left her and his child. Now he wants to give her his fortune that he left them for in the first place?! This has to be a joke."

"This is not a joke Ma'am. Ms. Baker-"I cut him off.

"Lauren."

"Lauren, is the sole heir to her father's fortune."

"What about his other kids?"

Other kids... he has other kids... and my aunt knew.

"You said if I choose to accept" I say.

"In order to inherit the fortune you must do a few things, one of such is go to Legacy academy and graduate."

Go to a school... graduate...

"That's all?"

"With a few smaller details I can read to you, if you decide you will consider to accept." The man says.

—————

My eyes widen as I look out the windows of the private jet. My aunt and the man who I now know his name is Mr. Robison, were going over the will.

We were headed to Kentucky, where my 'dad' home was located

Once we left the plane down some steps, some limousines were waiting.